September 2012 Weddings

what am i missing??

i am feeling like i am forgetting something, my wedding is Sept 8th and will be in a church. (just to put that out there) we have 4 BMs and a Junior BM, 4 GM, a ring bearer, a flower girl, and a bell ringer (my nephew, he will walk down the aisle before me ringing a crystal bell, as if he is announcing "the bride is coming, the bride is coming") our mothers are lighting the unity candles and of course, my daddy is walking me down the aisle. 

should there be a speaker who reads a passage from the Bible, or a poem, or sing something or something along those lines? if so, could you please gimme some ideas?

Re: what am i missing??

• If its a church wedding it depends on your religion.  Im getting married in a church too. It is a Catholic Ceremony and I need 3 people to do reading from the bible.  I also need 4 people to bring up the gifts (wine & "waffers").  I would call whoever is in charge and ask them.

• I'm not getting married in a church, but am having two readings...one of which is 1 Corinthians (Love is patient, love is kind...).  Singers or musicians are common, but we are using our DJ for that.  Like PP said, you may need to check with your pastor/priest to make sure the readings or songs you want are allowed in the church.  Sometimes more contemporary readings/songs aren't allowed.  Depends on the church.
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • It all depends on how you want your ceremony. Some church's have rules and regulations that you must follow. As a wedding planner just check with the the church and the minister/pastor who will be preforming your ceremony.

Most church's follow what you have set for your ceremony. If you want a reading or a poem have some one to that. To me that indicates to me that the ceremony is beginning.

If you would want a song to be sung my suggestion would be "The Lord's Prayer" after you have made it down the aisle.

Congratulations.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards