January 2013 Weddings

I BOUGHT A DRESS!!

I am so very excited! I thought I was going to go for something big and sparkly, I've had my eye on Maggie Sottero's Monalisa for a long time, but I picked this one to try because I liked the unique top. It was the first one I tried on, because I didn't think it would be the one. But it was wonderful! I tried on a bunch of others, the sales lady kept trying to "top" it, but it all came back to this. I almost decided on a different dress, but I just needed to see this one on once more... And when I looked in the mirror, I started to cry. I knew this was it, and I was done looking after only two hours! 

So it's mine, all mine, and for quite an excellent price too! I actually bought the sample, that one right in the picture, for HALF PRICE. The other samples I tried on were really beaten up, but this one was in perfect condition, like it was waiting for me. My mother, a former seamstress, looked over every inch of it trying to find what was going to make it too good to be true, but she didn't find anything. So it got everyone's stamp of approval and is hanging out in my closet for a few months until it's time for alterations. I am happy to report that I am apparently this store's sample size, so I am hoping it won't be too much to get altered, but am ok due to my amazing savings. 

I don't think I will be getting a cathedral veil like in the picture. My mom just wanted to see it on. I actually think she is going to make one, being the seamstress and all, that is two tier, elbow/finger tip length. But we will make those decisions after I come down from this high! 

I am so glad this board exists for me to share my happy story, because I want nothing more than to tell my fiance all about it. We usually share all of our awesome success stories, but I of course want him to be surprised on the day itself. As well as all of my friends, when they see me either get ready or walk into the ceremony. So it is going to be very hard to keep this a secret for 10 months!!! 
White Knot
Wedding Countdown Ticker
157 invitedimage
118 accept with pleasureimage
35 decline with regretsimage
4 are driving me crazyimage
RSVP Date: December 15th

Re: I BOUGHT A DRESS!!

• Congratulations! It looks gorgeous! 

I know what you mean about keeping the secret. I want so badly to surprise my FI, but I also can't wait to show him. 

Serendipity can do some amazing things. My gown was similarly serendipitous. (found my gown, way too far out of my price range, found a girl selling my exact gown, brand new, never worn, in my size for about half price on Craigslist.) I think that gown will make a gorgeous winter wedding dress! 

• congrats on finding a dress!  very pretty!  i'm dyyyyying to show my fiance my dress, as it seems weird not to share this with him, but for now i've been able to hold off!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards