Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Food for lunch in Bridal Shower?

I am hosting a bridal shower for the bride, during lunch, and she loves sea food (shrimp,crab, ect...). Our colors are white- with hints of pastel pink, green and yellow. we have a cake ordered, and the drinks (pink mimosas, lemonade, and water). 

I am thinking: 
shrimp ring, 
crab, tomato, and cheese on crackers, 
mini assorted sanwiches, 
cake, 
fresh fruit on bamboo skewers, 
and then some other type of desert bites. 

Is there anything we should add/remove. I just don;t want there to be too much/little food. The shower should have about 20 people 

Re: Food for lunch in Bridal Shower?

• SD3194SD3194 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that sounds good, just make sure you have a decent amount of each item. The crab, tomato and cheese thing sounds a little weird to me but you didn't give much detail so I could be totally wrong. You could always add a cheese tray, everyone loves cheese :)

Also, make sure you de-vein the shrimp. I went to a shower last weekend and the shrimp cocktail still had the poop shoot in it, skeeved me out a little bit.
  • edited December 2011
    What kind of little sandwiches are you thinking?  I get that you're doing seafood because it's the bride's favorite, and I'm sure she will love the menu, but be sure to have stuff for people who don't like seafood.  I agree with PP that a non-seafood finger food, like a cheese tray or maybe spinach-artichoke dip with tortilla chips, might be nice to add. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_food-lunch-bridal-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:4b27805d-efcd-4708-ade3-ff2a12020d52Post:87f18079-7b3a-4298-9b06-4d6f67bbaa45">Re: Food for lunch in Bridal Shower?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that sounds good, just make sure you have a decent amount of each item. The crab, tomato and cheese thing sounds a little weird to me but you didn't give much detail so I could be totally wrong. You could always add a cheese tray, everyone loves cheese :) Also, make sure you de-vein the shrimp. I went to a shower last weekend and the<strong> shrimp cocktail still had the poop shoot in it, skeeved me out a little bit</strong>.
    Posted by SD3194[/QUOTE]

I hate that. It tastes so gross.
  • edited December 2011
    I'd do a cheese tray. Or maybe fondue if you can set up a crockpot? Or some other kind of dip? Maybe endive leaves with some tossed oranges/gorgonzola/almonds and a drizzle of vinegar? It's like a hand held salad.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd add in a salad and maybe another appetizer that does not involve seafood.  Some people are highly allergic to seafood and others don't care for it, so it would be nice to maybe have hummus and pita, spinach and artichoke dip with tortilla chips, whatever, and then a nice green salad to round it out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cucumber sandwiches are good too.

This is a pretty good recipe:
    http://www.food.com/recipe/cucumber-open-faced-sandwiches-17111

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    As long as the mini-sandwiches involve something other than tuna salad it looks like you'll be okay. If the sandwiches are fish too that could really be a bummer for people who don't like seafood. 

I completely agree with PP that you should add a non-seafood appetizer if you can afford it (I was thinking spinach dip too!) or like spinach and feta triangles. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards