Registry and Gift Forum

Ultimate Wedding Registry Checklist

Read the article here!

Shopping around and creating a wedding gift registry is a fun, exciting experience -- we know you can’t wait to hold that little gun and scan everything in sight! But setting up your wedding registry can also be a daunting task if you don’t know where to start or exactly what you need. That's why WeddingChannel has put together a comprehensive wedding checklist, so you won't have to worry about what you do or don't need.

Before you start registering, go through the wedding checklist below and cross off everything that you already have (or don't want). Then, refer to this wedding checklist when you're making the final decisions about what to put on your wedding gift registry. Happy Registering!

For Your Kitchen

Apron
Bakeware
Baster brush Beer mugs
Blender
Bottle opener
Bread box
Cake dome
Cake plate
Can opener
Casserole dish
Cast iron grill pan
Centerpiece bowl
Champagne flutes
Charger plates
Coasters
Cocktail shaker
Coffee cups
Coffee grinder
Coffee maker
Colander
Cutlery set
Dishcloths
Drinking glasses
Espresso machine
Flour sifter
Food processor
Fruit bowls
Garlic press
Glassware sets
Grater
Grilling machine
Ice cream maker
Ice cream scoop
Juice extractor
Kitchen rugs
Kitchen scissors
Kitchen timer
Kitchen towel set
Margarita glasses
Martini glasses
Measuring Cups
Meat tenderizer
Microwave
Mixing bowls
Oven mitts/Pot holders
Pasta cooker
Pasta set
Pie Plate
Pitchers
Popcorn popper Rice cooker
Roasting pan
Rolling pin
Salad tongs
Salt and pepper set
Saucepan
Sauté pan
Serving bowls
Serving platters
Shot glasses
Spatula
Spic rack
Suagr and creamer
Teakettle
Toaster
Tupperware set
Utensils
Vegetable peeler
Water goblets
Wine glasses (red/white)
Wine opener
Wok or Stir Fry
Wooden spoons

For Your Dining Room

Centerpiece decor
Coasters
Napkins
Placemats
Table linens
Tiered server
Vase
Wine cooler
Wine rack

For Your Bathroom

Bath mats
Bath sheets
Bath towels
Bathrobes (his and her)
Decorative towels
Hair dryer
Hand towels
Lotion dispenser
Scale
Shower curtain
Shower liner
Shower mats
Shower radio
Soap dish
Soap dispenser
Tissue box cover
Toothbrush holder
Towel racks
Tumbler
Washcloths
Wastebasket

For Your Bedroom

Alarm clock
Blankets
Blankets
Blinds
Comforters
Contour pillows
Drapery rods and panels
Drapery
Dust ruffle
Duvet cover
European pillowcases
European pillows
Featherbed
Fitted sheets
Flat sheets
Mattress pad
Pillowcases
Pillows
Shams
Sheers
Small rug

For Your Closet/Cleaning

Air purifier
Broom
Closet organizers
Drawer organizers
Dust pan
Garment bags
Iron
Ironing board
Laundry basket/hamper
Luggage sets
Mop
Pants hangers
Shirt hangers
Shoe rack
Stepping stool or smaller ladder
Suit hangers
Trash cans
Travel bags
Vacuum cleaner

For Your Living Room/Other Accessories

Air mattress
Bed tray
Bedside lamps
Bookcase
Carbon monoxide detector
CD rack
Ceiling lighting
Computer accessories
Decorative storage
Digital camera
DVD rack
Floor lamps
Home stereo
Magazine rack
Mini bar
Ottoman
Picture frames
Shelving
Smoke detector
Snack tables
Wall art
Wall clock
Wall frames
Wall lighting
Wall mirrors

Re: Ultimate Wedding Registry Checklist

• Thanks for such a great list!
  • Yes, once I asked friends where they were registered and they told me and then said "Don't worry about the furniture. We know it's too expensive-- we just registered it because if we don't get it we get a percentage off, and since we had to buy it anyway we figured, why not?"
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Since we are getting married in June, we registered WAY early. I mean, we registered in October... our rationale was that my parents are horrible gift buyers and if they had a registry to choose from it would make it a bit easier. Also, I we moved into our first home in September so many people were asking us what they could buy us... problem solved.
  • we have done this as well! We are getting married in October but registered in November because family were able to go on the registery to buy for Christmas and for our birthdays! Makes it a lot easier!
  • Thanks for the great list! I would add KitchenAid mixer and electric fondue pot to this list. I simply can't wait to register for those :-). One thing to keep in mind is that if you register early, keep checking your list to remove/change things that have been discontinued. I've run into that with a number of friends' weddings. Happy scanning, everyone :-).
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • This is super helpful. I was dreading this task because I didn't know how to tackle it. Thank you for the list!
  • You could add

Potatoe Masher
    Deep Fryer

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_ultimate-wedding-registry-checklist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:57c5da54-3f3d-408a-8bdd-d2f73eb2f986Post:3818d891-4a54-49f1-9de9-868f37d1a619">Re: Ultimate Wedding Registry Checklist</a>:
    [QUOTE]we have done this as well! We are getting married in October but registered in November because family were able to go on the registery to buy for Christmas and for our birthdays! Makes it a lot easier!
    Posted by mandapanda58742[/QUOTE]

OHH great idea! I didn't think about family buying gifts off of the registery for Christmas! My FI and I are getting married in May 2013 and we are hoping to be in our first house together before the wedding! It would be nice to start getting gifts for holidays for the new house! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nice forum to select wedding registeries and make your work as easy with .wedding planning. I share my experience
  • We are one a tight budget and know that most our family and friends are as well so we stuck to a lot of items that were less expensive. When we registered at Target (one of many we registered at) they actually give you a list very similar to this. I love this one though because it is so comprehensive!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is a great list! It is very helpful and breaks the items down perfectly. When I registered at Macy's, they gave us a similar list but nothing too elaborate like this list. Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

189image 110image 5image 74image
  • Fantastic forum for wedding registry checklist and you gave ncie information for wedding. Keep it up your nice job
  • I would add a duster. THANK YOU SO MUCH :D

Great list.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • thanks for the list!

We are going to set up our registry this week and our wedding is in September. We already have people asking about where we are registered, so I figured that we best get on it. 

Plus, ahem.. shopping?!? It's pretty exciting to be able to make the ultimate santa claus wish list :)
  • WOW - that really is the ultimate wedding registry! In how many stores is it acceptable to register in? I'm thinking about 4...Bed, Bath & Beyond, Macey's, Bloomingdale's, and maybe Pottery Barn. Any suggestions/ideas?
  • In Response to Re:Ultimate Wedding Registry Checklist:[QUOTE]WOW that really is the ultimate wedding registry! In how many stores is it acceptable to register in? I'm thinking about 4...Bed, Bath amp; Beyond, Macey's, Bloomingdale's, and maybe Pottery Barn. Any suggestions/ideas? Posted by ValForestier[/QUOTE]
    They have universal registries where u can put gifts from multiple stores on one site
  • gailhowiegailhowie member
    First Comment
    edited February 2013
    This is awesome Thanks
  • Great list to reference! I've been working on our registry again today.

This list could add....

- wine stoppers
    - trivets
    - chip clips
    - oven thermometer

These are pretty inexpensive items, too, so they will expand your registry within a reasonable price range!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_ultimate-wedding-registry-checklist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:57c5da54-3f3d-408a-8bdd-d2f73eb2f986Post:e082c2ce-f10d-4d41-9fc5-c8eaa1928380">Re: Ultimate Wedding Registry Checklist</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the great list! I would add KitchenAid mixer and electric fondue pot to this list. I simply can't wait to register for those :-). One thing to keep in mind is that if you register early, keep checking your list to remove/change things that have been discontinued. I've run into that with a number of friends' weddings. Happy scanning, everyone :-).
    Posted by mclewis78[/QUOTE]

Yes a kitchen aid mixer is the FIRST thing on my list and I CANNOT wait to register for it...in fact I'd love to get it at a shower because it'd be so handy for making my baked favours for the wedding! Haha
  • That is indeed a great list of things that you need to have and always forget when you are shopping for your new life.

This is the moment to have fun an go shopping!! (Figurative speaking)

Enjoy!!
  • My fiance and I started registering in January and our wedding is in August. It really is fun. I add things and update it periodlically because things do go out of stock. I also am doing a big variety price point wise. I've heard to register for at least 2-3 times the amount of guests so they have a lot to choose from. 

Some things that I have seen that seem helpful: cookbooks, lawn chairs, grill, and beach towels. My friend actually got a digital camera in time for the honeymoon, so I added one too!
  • This is a really great, comprehensive list. I'm attending a lot of weddings this spring, and I've come to find my favorite wedding gift to give is a set of luxury sheets. I used this buyer's guide recentely www.thomasleeltd.com/best-sheets-buyers-guide and it's very helpful in telling you what to look for!
  • Awesome list!! Thank you for sharing:)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards