Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Wedding Photo brunch

Hello Everyone,

I am planning on hosting a wedding photo brunch for my immediate family and my new immediate family where we can gather around a look at the wedding photos together after we get them back from the photographer and videographer. I was wondering if anyone has any cute ideas to have the day feel very special? I am not much for throwing parties so any advice is welcomed! Thanks in advance!Smile

Re: Wedding Photo brunch

• Options

Why not just take your proofs and/or photos with you the next time you see your families?  If they want to order photos for themselves, they can do  it then.

I'm trying to find a way to say this in a way that won't offend you.

but

These people were just at your wedding, they don't need or want to watch a do over on film or photographs.

I know how exciting it is to get your photos back and almost relive the day but that's for the TWO of you, not your families.

My niece invited the entire family (both sides) to come to a cocktail party to play the video of their wedding.  She was pretty upset when only her sister RSVPed yes.

I'm sorry but better you hear it here than from your loved ones.

• Options
    Ahh, OOT.  You're bringing back memories with your lovely blue balls.

I agree that you do not need a party to look at wedding photos.  They are not going to want to stare at your wedding photos like you are.  They'll probably glance through them and then pick their favorites to order.  Just take the photos with you the next time you see them.
  • Options
    My daughter got 1300 pictures back.  I cannot imagine anyone but the two of us wanting to look through all of those  :)  I can just hear my husband now...and he is her father!

I'd ask quietly around to see if people were interested before I made a lot of plans.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    In general I am going to have to agree with everyone here.  Your wedding will never be as exciting for anyone else (including your families) as it was for you. And, depending on how much hype, parties, discussions, and energy given to your wedding before your wedding... there *is* a possibility that they may be a little happy that it's over with.

'm saying this from my experience of a big family wedding I attended a couple years ago... all I heard was their wedding this, their wedding that for over a year non-stop. I was so happy it was over with. Quickly passing through the pictures on facebook was enough for me. I could not handle another wedding-related event for them.

[[I am not saying that this is the case with you or your family]]

When you get your pictures and video back, definitely annouce it to them and get excited! BUT, let THEM indicate if they want to see them all or not.  I'm sure the moms will.  Let them choose how much, how long, etc. they want to see. Throwing a party sounds semi-mandatory and a little presumptuous.
  • Options
    I LOVE the idea of a wedding party brunch...what a good way to reunite the two families and get to know each other better! after reading this idea I think ill do it too after the wedding!!!!! love love love love it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards