Arizona-Phoenix
Options

wedding shoes??

My dress is long and will not show my feet too much except when he takes off the garter. I am a bit of a klutz.... ok I am very very klutzy :)  (I walk into my coffeetable on a daily basis lol)  I never wear heels (except wedgies) and want to wear keds or vans for my wedding.  My dad is having a fit over this. wants me to be in heels even if they wedgie ones... sigh.... can anyone out there tell me if they choose to wear shoes like this to their wedding? and if so do you know where I can  get cute wedding sneakers or shoes? Honestly i prefer Keds or Vans to sneakers.  I'm a Van girl and wear then all the time...

Re: wedding shoes??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you should wear what ever shoes you love and are most comfortable for you!  Personally, I am wearing heals because FI is very tall and I want to be closer to his face than his chest!  However, I saw a wedding where the bride wore hot pink converse and the bridesmaids wore black converse.  I thought it was very cute!  I say, if you love to wear Vans, find a pair of Vans that you want to wear.  I'm sure you could find some cute one's in a particular color online somewhere?  I'm sure their website has tons of stuff :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am wearing heals during the reception, but will promptly change into flips for the reception. I want to be comfy and dance! I agree that you should wear whatever feels right to you, and have seen several brides wear funky sneakers. I love that it adds personality!
    I'm all dressed up in your words today. Schockedbio.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll be wearing purple ballerina slippers (will match my bouquet)...  since my FI is shorter than I am, I will NOT be in heels...  I don't wear them much anyway, for the same reasons as you.  I'm a klutz too!   LOL

I will be having my bridesmaid in a purple dress with white shoes and flowers...  so I think it'll look great all together!

Wear what you want to!

Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I wore heels for the ceremony and pictures, then I changed into hot pink ballet flats for the reception.  You would be surprised how much your shoes show when you walk down the aisle.

A friend of mine wore heels for the ceremony and changed into Chucks for the reception, it was really cute.  The groom changed into black Chucks and the bride into bright yellow ones, they matched their color scheme for the wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    nycegrrl99nycegrrl99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can custom design Keds on Zazzle. Maybe use a pattern or print you plan to incorporate into the wedding?
  • Options
    tiny27tiny27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am wearing shoes with a little heel for the ceremony and flats for the reception. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My Fi is only about an inch taller than me (if that lol)...I'll be wearing flats for sure!  I say wear what you want but I understand wanting to please your dad...Maybe you can get away with wedge type heels (maybe lower to the ground) for the sake of being more 'traditional' for your ceremony and then for the reception (where your personalities should really show, it's a party celebrating you and your union after all!) slip into your choosen Vans?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm 5' and my FI is 6'3''.... I'm definitely wearing heels... like 4.5 inch ones! LOL! I'm not really a heel-wearer either, except for when I go out with my friends to dance or whatever. My shoes are wedges, though, and once I get some adjustments made on them I'm gonna start wearing them around to get used to them. I walk pretty well in wedges... not so much in narrow heels.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic March Siggy Challenge Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been having a really hard time finding flats. I am short and my fiance is just a little taller than I am. I never wear heels and they really hurt my feet so it works out well. On Etsy, they have some cute sneakers and just shoes in general of all kinds that are custom painted or decorated. It's a great place to start and get ideas! Even white keds with ribbon instead of a shoe lace in your colors would be cute.

P.S. I think you should wear whatever you want on your wedding day and have fun with it. :) Remember Father of the Bride? She wore sneakers!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks everone for  the great advice! :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Converse makes glittery low tops in several colors.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Marissa0717Marissa0717 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my shoes on zappos.com and they had some cute flats
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should definitely wear whatever you feel happy and comfortable in!  I live in black combat boots, and I've tried them on with my dress and no one would be able to see them.  I'd love to wear them for the wedding, but I'll probably end up getting something girly with a kitten heel because I don't like the idea of underssing for my wedding night and having sock fuzz on my feet.  But that's just me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards