Flowers
Options

Umm...how does this work?

I've been trying to creep on past posts, but it looks like people already know what they're doing.  Feel free to judge me, but how does this work?  Regarding a florist?  Do I meet with one of them and tell them what flowers or colors I want and how many centerpieces, etc. I'll need and then they give me a quote?  Is it normal to have to buy your own vases and the florist just provides flowers?  Or is it normal for the florist to provide both and you have to return the vases?  Sorry for being dim, but I'd rather look like an idiot on here than go to a florist and not be prepared.

Thanks in advance!
White Knot

Re: Umm...how does this work?

• Options
    flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    have a list of people you want to give flowers to......and it is really helpful if you tell the florist what your budget is when you talk for the first time. Take your ideas and talk to the florist. I can tell a bride at the end of our first meeting if your budget is realistic for the amount of flowers they want. I am always gladd to recycle vases but also have them available  to buy outright or to rent. You don't have to have pictures of the exact bokay(usually it doesn't exist) Just go have a conversation with the florist.The you can decide if you like them and can work with them. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It completely depends on the florist and your budget whether the vases will be rented or purchased.  Best thing to do is to tell them your colors, budget, and show a couple pictures of things you want.  A good florist will tell you if your budget is reasonable for your expectations and will help you stretch the budget to cover everything you need. 
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree with PP. You should make an apt with a florist and when you go in bring pics of flowers that you like. If you can bring in color swatches of dresses in with you as well. Tell the florist up front what your budget is. Tell them how many centerpieces you'll need, what types of flowers you like and how many people you will need flowers for (BM's, MOG/MOB, FOB/FOG, etc..). Then they should give you a quote based on what info you gave them. Usually the florist rents out the vases, but some could make you buy them. But for the most part you should only have to buy the flowers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards