Gay Weddings
Options

Oct 2012 Salem, MA wedding

Hi everyone!  New here...

My gf and I are engaged to be married (well, about to be... we are designing my engagement ring now) and have found a church in Salem, MA that we want to use and booked it for 10/11/12.  I LOVE THAT DATE!!!  It's quirky and a bonus is that it is NATIONAL COMING OUT DAY!!!  hahaha

I have a 3.5 year old from a previous relationship that will be a flower girl.  :-) 

Has anyone wed in Salem?  Any suggestions on hotels?  Coordinators??  Photographer?  DJ?? 

Thanks!
Ashley

Re: Oct 2012 Salem, MA wedding

• Options
    We got married in Winchester, MA, but our photographer works throughout New England.  He is Bill Bray, with Portrait New England.  We loved his photos, his rates are reasonable, and he has no issue with same-sex couples.
  • Options
    harpsdesireharpsdesire member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I live near Salem so I haven't stayed there, but the Hawthorne Hotel is pretty cool if you like vintage romance (and don't mind that it truly is vintage and not the most state of the art).  It is very lovely-looking though and they have a lot of weddings there; I believe they have a honeymoon suite.
  • Options
    Our friends in Boston used an awesome videographer who specializes in gay weddings called Marry Me Gay.  The do weddings in Mass, NYC and other places I think.  Their video looked great (and it was cheaper than the straight videographers)  They knew things about gay weddings too so can be helpful.  I recommend them! My friends we excited.  They aren't that well known which is too bad.  Definitely check them out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards