South Carolina
Options

I NEED to know this, please HELP me.....

Okay, I hav never been in a wedding, in fact I hav never even been to a wedding. I am getting married on July 10th, 2010 and I have started planning everythig myself, then it hit me, and I have asked SOOOO many people and they all sa the same thngs, read a book or a magazne, and I can't find it anywhere, so hopefully you ladies can help me.... I need to know the order f things for the big day, just round about, like who walks out first for the ceremony before I do and then what you do after the ceremony, take pictures and then do you get intrduced and then go right into your first dance and then father of the bride and then mother of the groom, then do you eat cake, have a toast, eat dinner,what? I need to know the usual order of thngs, so can one of you ladies please help me, post here or if too long to post send it to me at krystlnickel@yahoo.com. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!  Thank you all 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I NEED to know this, please HELP me.....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Magazines won't really tell you stuff like this; however, do get a subscription to Brides mag for tips and trends. It is helpful.
    Ok...how traditional are you? Are you having the ceremony/reception in the same place or different?  How many bridesmaids/groomsmen/flower girls, etc?
    Basically, if you aren't traditional and you are having two venues you may consider doing pictures before hand.  Have both sets of parents write down pictures they want before hand so you don't miss the pic of you and the cousins or something. If you are traditional do the pictures after everyone has left the ceremony location/room.
    Grandmothers(his then yours) seated (song #1), mothers (his then yours) seated (song #2), bridesmaids and groomsmen (song#3), flower girls/ring bearer (Song #3), you (song#4).  Ceremony. Recessional: you and groom, flower girl/ring bearer, bridesmaids/groomsmen, mothers(yours then his), grandmothers(yours then his), everyone.  Pictures, go to reception.
    I have seen a lot of stuff at receptions... At ours we are going to have everyone announced. Then the BM and GM can make there toasts.  They are going to sit and we will have our first dance.  Dinner will be served and then after we will cut the cake. Then time to dance and party. During that somewhere you can to flower toss and garter stuff if you want.  Its about what you choose. I'm not doing a father of bride dance but if I were is would be after cake and before everyone started to dance...or after the first dance.
    If you have more questions feel free to message me on theknot.com!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Here is what we are doing (traditional, small- 60 guests, wedding):

The day before - nails done that late morning/early afternoon
    The day of -
    1. hair done at noon (wedding @4 but  it's10 min away)
    2. Get to church an hour before the wedding. I will put my dress on there
    3. When ceremony begins groom and best man walk out with the preacher and stand at the altar.
    4. no grandparents so his mother walks out first. Walked out by her husband (the traditional way would be for the mother to be walked out by someone else and father walks right behind her)
    5. My mother is walked out by someone very close to our family
    6. One bridesmaid walks out with a groomsman
    7. Next bridesmaid walks out with the other groomsman
    8. Third bridesmaid walks out with the last groomsman
    9. Maid of honor walks down on her own
    10. Bride and father walk down
    11. We are announced as husband and wife and walk out of the church and into our transportation (if you want pics taken at the church circle back around and enter the church from the back. Wait for guests to leave and stay to sign your docs and take pics)
    12. Guests go to reception cite, we go downtown to take pictures (we go with our bridesmaids and groomsmen and our parents)
    13. While we are taking pictures guests are having a cocktail hour at the reception site
    14. We get to reception, guests are seated, we are announced into the room
    15. Go straight into our 1st dance, then the father/mother dance
    16. Dinner served so that guests aren't starving
    17. Toasts are said
    18. We cut the cake
    19 Dancing.
    20. Flower toss and the Send off
    THE END :) Hope it helped

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards