December 2012 Weddings
Options

Hi! Intro and STD Timeline Question

Hi all!  I have been poking around this board a little and you seem like a great bunch of ladies! I am planning our wedding for December 28, 2012, in Lake George, NY, about 30 mins from where we grew up/where the majority of our guests live. 

Question:  When are you sending your STDs?  I feel I need to be sending them sooner rather than later since the wedding will be between Christmas and New Years.  I say this because I know some guests travel to neighboring states to celebrate the Holidays with the other side of their families.  I figured you were the best ladies to ask!  TIA!
"It starts out all very nice, two people promising to be together forever, I'll die when you die, my life meant nothing until you used my toothbrush. Then you start planning the wedding. Aunt Junie's allergic to milk. Uncle Momo's off his meds..."

Re: Hi! Intro and STD Timeline Question

• Options
    It varies for different weddings based on where you having your wedding (destination, home ect). I told my future MIL that I should probably send them out soon and she doesn't think they need to be since people aren't planning their holidays right after the holidays are over. I can see that point of view but at the same time I want those we are inviting to know when we are having it so if they want to attend they can plan their holidays around it when they begin planning. I'm send mine out between January and March. That will give guests plenty of notice and being able to plan since it is around the holidays. Especially since my FI's family is spread acrosss the entire country. It would be different if his family were closer, like mine all living in the same town or at least 30 mins apart. 
    If you are having your wedding in a location where most of you guests live I would say around March would be a good time. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're getting married 12/30/12 and will probably be sending out our STDs in February or March.

I already have my STDs too. Ordered them from Vistaprint on Black Friday and just paid shipping.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our STDs will be here 1/10 and we are sending them out probably 1/20. We are having a Disney wedding on 12.22.12 and want to give people plenty of time! I'd say Feb or March for your situation. Maybe even April. :)

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    My FH and I are getting married on 12-12-12 and we're planning on sending out STDs via email around March or April.
    I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride; so I love you because I know no other way than this..

Oh look, it's a blog! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  Your answers were super helpful!  :)
    "It starts out all very nice, two people promising to be together forever, I'll die when you die, my life meant nothing until you used my toothbrush. Then you start planning the wedding. Aunt Junie's allergic to milk. Uncle Momo's off his meds..."
  • Options
    Our STDs have been ordered and we are just waiting for them to show up.  We plan on sending them out the beginning of Feb. Our wedding date is 12-22-12.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards