November 2012 Weddings
Options

Ladies...

How is your week going?

I booked the florist for my bridal bouquet, found my make up artist, working on finalizing hotel block, and looking into transportation

Re: Ladies...

• Options
    I'm working on painting my centerpieces (my lanterns)...

I can't WAIT to get back up to OH so I can meet with cake bakers, florists, officiants, make up and hair, etc.

I LOVE DIY stuff though! I think next will be finalizing and assembling our save the dates :-)
  • Options
    Just sent in another payment for the photographer, with another payment to go out for the venue, as well.

Started looking into: shoes with bridesmaids, shoes with FI for the guys, discussions with FMIL over rehearsal dinner...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just sent out our save the dates...and we need to make our spreadsheet of how much we owe each vendor so we can start sending in little bits at a time!
  • Options
    Just recently booked our venue, ordered my daughters dresses 2 are flower girls and 1 is a junior bridesmaid. Found bridesmaid dresses and will be ordering within the next week or 2. Booked caterer, dj, and got the vases for centerpieces which we are filling with water, colored stones on the bottom and half with have goldfish and the other half will have betta fish and a floating candle on top of each. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_ladies-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:f38fea89-9ed9-4797-b12b-46d723e62042Post:a033b898-53a9-4e19-bdda-4d61d2a4fe97">Re: Ladies...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just recently booked our venue, ordered my daughters dresses 2 are flower girls and 1 is a junior bridesmaid. Found bridesmaid dresses and will be ordering within the next week or 2. Booked caterer, dj, and got the vases for centerpieces which we are filling with water, colored stones on the bottom and half with have goldfish and the other half will have betta fish and a floating candle on top of each. 
    Posted by H2love[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a unique idea, but just a note having been to a wedding with fish centerpieces...they can start to smell fairly quickly and also, our table had one that went belly up during the night...wasn't the best situation.

Just an FYI
  • Options
    Sometimes I wonder if I belong here. Like I should pretend to be getting married next March instead of November. We haven't decided on any clothes, a caterer, or a baker.

But, I'm not having a make-up artist, or hotel block, or any DIY, or likely even a DJ. Also, our wedding is on a Monday, so no vendors are filled up.

Hopefully, we can decide on a caterer this weekend, maybe order my dress. We have our last baker appointment 3/17.

I don't need reassurances it'll all get done. I'm totally not worried. I'm just amazed at how ahead of theknot's schedule you guys are.
  • Options
    All the big stuff is done...all vendors are booked except flowers and we'll be signing that contract this Saturday.  Shoes came last week and I love them!  FI's ring came in last week as well.  Worked on our day of timeline a bit last night...that is hard to figure out!  Bridesmaids ordered their dresses just a couple weeks ago.  Things have been going well! 
  • Options
    lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_ladies-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:f38fea89-9ed9-4797-b12b-46d723e62042Post:2da6a19a-e32a-4bf7-8e0a-7a9f0e936d87">Re: Ladies...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sometimes I wonder if I belong here. Like I should pretend to be getting married next March instead of November. We haven't decided on any clothes, a caterer, or a baker. But, I'm not having a make-up artist, or hotel block, or any DIY, or likely even a DJ. Also, our wedding is on a Monday, so no vendors are filled up. Hopefully, we can decide on a caterer this weekend, maybe order my dress. We have our last baker appointment 3/17. I don't need reassurances it'll all get done. I'm totally not worried. I'm just amazed at how ahead of theknot's schedule you guys are.
    Posted by ElisabethJoanne[/QUOTE]

<div>We have just about everything done, but I think it's because of my personality.  I'm a perfectionist and a planner.  I'm early by nature (I'm always at least 15 minutes early to anything I attend).  I have a lot of anxiety about things as well.  Doing everything early calms me down.  If we waited to do things, I would likely have anxiety attack after anxiety attack and that's something I don't want to deal with.</div><div>
    </div><div>I know you don't need reassurances, but I know plenty of people who planned gorgeous weddings in a very short amount of time (around 4-6 months).  Good luck with your upcoming appointments!</div>
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm very much a planner. I go on spreadsheet withdrawal the weeks I don't balance my checkbook. It's just I'm so much a planner, if I planned everything 12 months out, I'd be bored and bummed. Marking off payments to vendors is not as much fun, because it's not as much activity, as making the chart that compares the 5 proposals.
  • Options
    In my area, Oct-Nov-Dec are the most popular wedding months, so I have to be ahead of the game or everything will get booked up!

When we booked our date last year, the evening slot had already been taken! Luckily the afternoon was open, so that's what we went with.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
    bridesmaids-2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We have all the big stuff done as well. Venue, photographer, dress, suits, DJ, flowers, ect. We have save the dates that will go out next week and were working on invites now. But I also live in an area where if I didn't plan these things out ahead of time, we'd be paying quite a bit more. Aaaaand I tend to be a crazy planner and like my stuff done early. But not everyone is like that and I've seen beautiful weddings thrown in half the time we have. No worries, it'll come together. :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    November 2012 October Siggy - The Venue!
    imageVilla
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards