Registry and Gift Forum

teacups and saucers?

Did you register for teacups and saucers?  Do dinner guests notice that type of thing anyway?  We love having guests over now but just use our coffee mugs to serve tea and coffee but we're in our mid 20s and haven't entertained formally yet.
BFP #1 on 10/2/11 - Bambishka's EDD 6/5/12, Blighted Ovum, D&C on 11/9/11
BFP #2 on 2/10/12 - Little Nugget's EDD 10/23/12, Natural Miscarriage on 2/29/12
BFP #3 on 6/7/12 - BB's EDD 2/19/13, arrived 2/18/13! <3<BR> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: teacups and saucers?

• It is totally up to you.  If you think you will use them, then register for them.  Nice mugs are totally acceptable for entertaining (I probably wouldn't pull out all of the souvenier mugs for a party). 

We inherited china from my grandmother and it has cups and saucers... but I don't think I would have registered for any (unless it was part of a china set). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Anymore, most people don't notice - it's far from imperative. After dinner coffee is more popular, I think, than afternoon tea in north america.
  • They are coming with our place - settings but to be honest, I don't plan on using them on a regular basis.

It's probably because I've never tried tea and I've never tried coffee, so I'm biased I guess!

I know that guests who drink coffee or tea would love to use them, so they'll get some use when we entertain!!! I think the table will just look more put together with matching sets... (but that's my personal taste!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We ended up registering for them yesterday so that our place setting could look more complete.  Once the saleswoman put the full setting on the table I saw that it would be odd to have something that didn't match very well.  Thanks for the feedback!
    BFP #1 on 10/2/11 - Bambishka's EDD 6/5/12, Blighted Ovum, D&C on 11/9/11
    BFP #2 on 2/10/12 - Little Nugget's EDD 10/23/12, Natural Miscarriage on 2/29/12
    BFP #3 on 6/7/12 - BB's EDD 2/19/13, arrived 2/18/13! <3<BR> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards