November 2012 Weddings
Options

Haven't gotten my dress yet!

I'm getting married on 11/24/12 and still don't have my dress!  I travel so much for work and will be back in the states in 2 weeks.  Is it too late to get my dream dress?!  Undecided

Re: Haven't gotten my dress yet!

• Options
    Not necessarily. I ordered my dress in Jan (end of Jan) and it will be back in July which is 4 months before wedding in November. You would want to get on it like NOW though.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • Options
    LC982LC982 member
    First Comment
    I know!  I am done with travel and will be back home on the 18th.  I am cutting it close and am stressing out! 

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_havent-gotten-my-dress-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:f0822e46-2b5b-4b42-b0b1-a096a3eac3e8Post:5122ab18-14c9-4fbe-8189-14930e44aba6">Re: Haven't gotten my dress yet!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not necessarily. I ordered my dress in Jan (end of Jan) and it will be back in July which is 4 months before wedding in November. You would want to get on it like NOW though.
    Posted by MrsSmith2Be02[/QUOTE]
  • Options

I would jump on it as soon as you get back. Maybe call places from where you are? Tell them your situation and see if they can accomodate a rush order then line up appointments. If you are lucky you may even find something in stock (like a sample or something) and then you have the time to get it altered.

My wedding is in November also, I ordered my dress on March 17th and the dress is scheduled to arrive in August, so 5 months for the order...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I ordered mine last November and it just came in so right about 6 months.  However, when I went to David's Bridal they could get their dresses much faster. 
  • Options
    I feel you! I don't have mine picked yet either! I was just able to get the family together and have appointments booked for this weekend! Yay! The salons I spoke with didn't make it seem like it was that big of a deal. I even asked one if I would have to rush order and she acted like we should be able to avoid that. We'll see!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My wedding is 11/3/12 and I haven't ordered mine yet because I can't make up my mind. So you're not alone, if that makes you any less stressed (I'm freaking out too). I'm ordering mine on Friday.
    "When life hands you lemons, make a beef stew." Andy Milinokis
  • Options
    Time line just depends on where you are getting your dress from and what their shipping is like. I am going with David's Bridal and they told me if I don't need alterations the lastest I can order my dress is 12 weeks before the wedding or by August 1st which is roughly 14 weeks beofre our wedding on Nov 10.
    A and B
    Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kfraskfras member
    First Comment
    You still have time. If you go to a shop like David's Bridal the turn around time is so quick. You will get your dress in two months or less. I ordered mine from a smaller bridal shop, and I ordered it in March (8 months before wedding) because they said it would take about six months to come in. The estimated ship date is actually only four months from the order date (July 30th!) so I will have it in plenty of time. And a lot of companies do rush order just in case!!! Don't stress :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think you still have time but you should get on it asap, especially if you have a specific style in mind.  Good luck.  
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I wonder which designers. I ordered mine Nov. 7 of last year and Im still waiting for it to come in. I was told the first week in June. Its a Sottero and Midgley gown. Its the designers that have control over those dresses not the bridal salon.
  • Options
    I literally went the end of April, found the most amazing wedding dress ever, and two weeks later it was in! They had it "in stock" at the warehouse.

• Options
    Ordered mine 2 weeks ago, they told me it would be in early August. So while I wouldn't put it off TOO much longer, I think you should be ok :)
  • Options
    I found and ordered mine yesterday at a smaller type salon and the way they explained it to me (which makes sense) is designers will typically put orders that have less time over orders that, let's say, have 11 months. The store manager explained to me that since I only have 6 1/2 months and they have a good relationship with the designer she would get started on it as soon as possible so I get it in time for alterations. This just makes sense to me because so many brides rush out to get there dress 11 months before the wedding (another bride in the same store was 11 months out) and then scare other brides saying "my dress took 9 months to come!" but obviously a dress ordered with 6 months till wedding date is going to be worked on even if the order comes in after. It makes sense that they take longer to make it when they have more time to.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    You always have the option to buy yours off the rack, too. The place I bought mine only does them off the rack, but they professionally clean them and go over them with a fine tooth comb to make sure it's perfect. I went in February thinking I needed to order it soon and I went home with a dress! (Well, they're storing it for me). 
    imageNovember Board Siggy - The Venue!
    Photobucket
    The Great Hall at Sunriver Resort, Sunriver, Oregon
    243 Invited image
    172 Can't wait image
    71 Are missing out image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_havent-gotten-my-dress-yet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:f0822e46-2b5b-4b42-b0b1-a096a3eac3e8Post:bd40a284-dbd0-443f-bfd7-1cc40adb2f63">Re: Haven't gotten my dress yet!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I ordered mine last November and it just came in so right about 6 months.  However, when I went to David's Bridal they could get their dresses much faster. 
    Posted by Kath1083[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with this. If you see a dress at DB you don't have to worry too much. I've gotten 2 different dresses from them and both came in within a month, actually about 3 weeks. Not sure about other places though.</div>
  • Options
    I ordered my dress online, at a place called light in the box. It fits beautifully, and even if you don't order from there, it will help you get an idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards