Military Brides

Leap day Wednesday.

Hey everyone! Happy Leap Day? Is that a day to celebrate? I don't know. Anyone, I'll start ya off with an article.

CN: An AD Marine was at the Naval Hospital here. Somehow got out, stole a fire truck, and ended up killing a pedestrian. A lot of stories are coming out about this now, apparently family members are saying he has PTSD, etc.  It was not released yet, why he was at the Naval Hospital, but this article says some other things about his record. He is being charged with murder.

Re: Leap day Wednesday.

• Something I've wondered: If someone is born on February 29th, how do they decide when to celebrate their birthday on non leap-years? It's like today is Platform 9 3/4!!
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    My friend always threw a "Happy Un-Birthday Party" for herself, and every 4 years would throw a HUGE "Happy 4th Birthday" (16) or "Happy 5th Birthday" (20) party.

Annnnd I am sick.  Much better than yesterday, my fever broke in the night, but still weak and nauseous.

Anniversary

• Morning!!! I haven't been on here much lately but just wanted to check in. Happy Leap Day!
  • Aw Cate, feel better! At least the fever broke, that's important.

Happy Leap Day! It's rainy and gray here which put me in a crapball mood bright and early this morning. Busy day ahead of me, hope I don't kill anyone.
  • Morning! Ggirl, that's a crazy article. Binx, you made me giggle with the HP reference. :) Cal, I'm sorry you're still sick!!! I'm already exhausted and I still have 10 hours to go at work. Joy.
  • Good morning.  I have a pretty low key day ahead, and I think I might get started on a Pinterest project that I'm super exted about it.  I went and bought all the stuff the other night and just need to start it.  My only friend here is leaving for 2 weeks today so I should have a pretty low key (and cheap) few weeks ahead.  

But at least it's pay day so I can go shopping if I need to, thanks H!

A girl who grew up across the street from me is a leap year birthday, so today she turns 6.  Haha I always think it's funny to see her "real" age since she's now 24.  She usually just celebrates on the 28th though.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Today it's been very rainy. I found out our Doberman literally refuses to go out in the rain. She sat under the overhang on the roof. I'm super paranoid the German Shepherd is going to rip out her stitches from her spay and bleed to death while I'm babysitting today. Ugh...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Cal- hope you feel 100% soon!  Being sick sucks! 

Sammy- my sweet baby girl (border collie/lab mix) hates the rain as well.  I one time found myself standing in the rain while she was doing her business under the over hang.  Oh and I totally felt the same way when she got spay as well. 

Today is over cast and a little yuck.  No rain just cloudy.  I took some sleep med last night so today I am all foggy.  I guess I match the weather.  I really just want to be at home and asleep.  I looked at the calendar this morning and realized that H has been gone a long time.  I just seems like yesterday he left.  So good news there that the time seems to be flying by. 
  • I try to make this extra day count. :) It's an extra day of pay if nothing else!

I'm at work plugging away trying to retain my sanity.
  • Beach: wanna do that GTG now? H will be gone a lot very soon too. I'll be having free time! ;)
  • Yeah Kara we definitely could!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Good almost-afternoon. It's foggy here, too, there are supposed to be thunderstorms, but we'll see. I am waiting until the mail comes to see if the contract for the reception venue we really want is in there. They only have someone in their office Weds. and Fri., so I'm hoping to call this afternoon and catch someone there. I really want to put down a deposit so we don't lose it, because everywhere else is more expensive for less time. 
  • Hello all! I honestly don't know what the weather is like outside because I don't have windows in my x-ray room :( It was raining when I came in this morning though. So I am glad I got my run in last night instead of tonight. I think I'll spend this extra day trying to get ahead on some wedding things. Or reading. Or both. We addressed and stuffed all of the invites (that we have addresses for) yesterday and it felt good to get it out of the way! Cal- I hope you feel better soon, you sound miserable :( Beach- what pinterest project are you planning on making? Enjoy your leap day ladies :)
    Photobucket
  • I'm doing one similar to this, with ornage and gray.  Different flowers though.
    in love with this... Striped Yarn Wreath Charcoal and Cream
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_leap-day-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:e066655d-d21a-4b3e-8138-0fd35765da21Post:d2cc3fe3-0ee6-4937-962d-10d4e516c44a">Re: Leap day Wednesday.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm doing one similar to this, with ornage and gray.  Different flowers though.
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

Very pretty! I think it will look nice with the orange. Post pics when you're done! I'd love to see the finished project!

I can't wait to move into FIs and do all the projects I have pinned lately!
    Photobucket
  • Oh ya, GTG with Kara and Beach! Finally!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_leap-day-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:e066655d-d21a-4b3e-8138-0fd35765da21Post:d2cc3fe3-0ee6-4937-962d-10d4e516c44a">Re: Leap day Wednesday.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm doing one similar to this, with ornage and gray.  Different flowers though.
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

Ooooh very pretty!  I can't wait to see it!

Anniversary

• AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    Oh hi everyone. I was busy at work today. I apologize for the rant ahead...

If someone wants to complain about their life.... I would love to trade situations (well not with you guys, most of you have it much worse...but...). It is really stupid to get mad at the Navy for making my FI do his job, so I really don't, I'm proud of him...but I'd love a break...This CONSTANT unknown/change is really tiring.  I know, I know.... welcome to the military life....but COME ON!!!   With my job I am beginning to sound like the boy who cried wolf... 

On the plus side... I may stay at my job for a year...gaining experience...
    On the bad side... I may stay in Oklahoma for a year....

I have a bottle of vodka with my name on it (no really... it does, I put my name on it because my old roommate would steal it) and some chocolate.

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards