New Jersey

Computer Update!

I'm not sure who read my whine last week when my Macbook totally crashed, but I got about 90% of it back.  I took the fried drive to a place in Parsippany and after a few days of work, they were able to recover everything but my email.  I lost some conversations with some of you that I saved & some emails that have gone back and forth with vendors, but I think I'm ok.  I'm happy to have all of my inspiration pictures and my 11 tab "Wedding" Excel spreadsheet back. :)
Photobucket

Re: Computer Update!

• edited December 2011
    Oh that's great! Where in Parsippany did you bring it?
  • jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A place called MacHelp!/PCPS.  I heart them :)  They quoted me between $199-499 depending on what they could recover.  He spent 3 days on it, so I was a little afraid of the bill, but he said that since I told them $499 was my limit, that's what they charged me even though they spent 3 times more time on it than that price included.  Then they gave me $50 off since I was referred by the apple store.  It was a lot of money, but I was able to get all of my Tucker puppy pictures back:

Photobucket
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Phew -- glad to hear it. 

I really need to make backing up my photos and such to DVD a project over the next week.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes!!!!  I've been backing mine up like crazy!
    Photobucket
  • uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is there any easy way to do it?  I have an external hard drive that I bought last time the computer went to the Genius Bar, but that was like 2 years ago.  I've never been able to get Time Machine to work to back the stuff up to the hard drive (but maybe I'm using the wrong program).  I'm fine with putting things on DVD, but would like to figure out a streamlined way if there is one...
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What happens when you plug the external drive into the USB port?  Does Time Machine open?  Mine just opened, I slid the button from off to on and it started.  Now when I plug it in again  it just starts the backup.  I wonder why yours isn't working?
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards