Connecticut

BM Dresses! The beginnings of a CHECK

So I am letting my ladies pick their own style of dresses since I have so many girls in such varying sizes (MOH is "plus sized" to be honest/nice, BM #1 is tall/thin, BM # 2 & 3 are short and petite, and Junior BM is tall/lanky for her age and is only 12).  I chose Alfred Angelo in Lavender as the dress designer.

So we made some progress this weekend I think!  My junior BM thinks she picked her dress style!  So I am going to call around to see if we can find a sample to have her try on (which may be hard since she's young/needs a JB style size).  Also, one of my BMs looked at styles with me this weekend and narrowed it down to about 10 styles to go look at :)  So excited to get this ball rolling (I think I'm more excited for their dresses than I was my own lol)

Just such a relief.  I tried to make 2 shopping dates which all got derailed and felt a little blown off, but just kept telling myself that it was early and when things need to get done I'm sure my ladies will come through and that this isn't on their minds as much as it is mine
"I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!

Re: BM Dresses! The beginnings of a CHECK

• cmmosley81cmmosley81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with you on that I am always thinking of something to check out or look at this or do that and my BP is all like you ahve a year to do this all in relax. I am saying I want this done is 4 months so I dont have to stress! Good Luck with the dress.:)
    60 Invitedimage Attendingimage Declinedimage Not Repliedimage RSVP Date September 15, 2011 image
  • 2bpescadita2bpescadita member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I trying to do the same thing but I'm having a hard time finding a designer that carries the color that I want with enough style options for the girls to choose from. I found the color in Simply Angelo (or something like that) but it only comes in three different styles. I have 7 girls.....guess I would have doubles across the board.
    Glad to hear you had progress with the girls dresses.
    Which shop are you trying?

pescadita
  • edited December 2011
    I like that you are letting everyone pick their dresses. That is what I plan to do. The "one style fits all" is not as easy as it should be.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_bm-dresses-beginnings-of-check?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:35e50671-87af-48a0-9153-19b99d62be83Post:204546cd-83db-49b1-b1c3-5e52360cbe3c">Re: BM Dresses! The beginnings of a CHECK</a>:
    [QUOTE]I trying to do the same thing but I'm having a hard time finding a designer that carries the color that I want with enough style options for the girls to choose from. I found the color in Simply Angelo (or something like that) but it only comes in three different styles. I have 7 girls.....guess I would have doubles across the board. Glad to hear you had progress with the girls dresses. Which shop are you trying? pescadita
    Posted by 2bpescadita[/QUOTE]

Well, I am using Bridal Trousseau in Branford for my wedding dress (Maggie Sottero) and they are also an Alfred Angelo retailer as well.  So I will probably call around to find which stores have the dresses my girls like to try on samples and get measured, but possibly just order all the dresses from Bridal Trousseau at the same time (since I've heard to have the dresses be an exact color match they have to be ordered at the same time so they are cut from the same batch of fabric) to simplify things for everyone.  I guess that is if everyone chooses a dress in the same fabric
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • 2bpescadita2bpescadita member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was told the same thing and that's what I'm shooting for. Keeping all of the girls dresses from the same fabric. It's the certain Apple Green color that I'm looking for in other designers that I can't find. Either the gree is too light or too dark. So far I've been going to bridal shops by checking their color swatches and from there go through what styles that fabric comes in.

I didn't think this apple green would be so difficult.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards