Maryland

**KitCat106**- Michael is GONE...what a shocker!

Hey Girly - When calling the Antrim today to try to clear up what appears to be another mistake on Mike's part (this time with our bill), I learned that he is no longer at the Antrim...big shocker, right? I wonder why??

Had a feeling he would not last long...I just kinda wished it had been before our wedddings...lol...but at least the Antrim girls moving forward should have much better experiences!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: **KitCat106**- Michael is GONE...what a shocker!

• Kitcat106Kitcat106 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG!! Yeah, it's not a shocker that he is gone. That job was not suitable for him.

I really wish we both would not have had to deal with him for our weddings. I'm happy to know that he is not there anymore so that other brides don't have to go through what we did.

Why in the world are you still dealing with your bill this long after your wedding? I'll bet it has to do with you-know-who. Did I tell you that I tried to pay the balance of our bill the week or so before our wedding (like it stated in our contract) but I could not get him to send me the final invoice? I asked him numerous times. A client should not have to ask to get the bill! I finally ended up paying the balance just hours before my wedding. Lucky for me that I reviewed the invoice, too, because he tried to overcharge us by 2 people. That is not something the bride (or groom) should be dealing with right before her wedding!

Btw, I LOVE your gown!!! I finally added some pro wedding photos to my profile.
  • edited December 2011

Yeah, girl, you hit the nail on the head! He is exactly the reason why we are still dealing with our bill!!!

When we checked out the moring after the wedding, I looked at the bill and was like, this isn't right...so they called Mike down and he of course, was in a rush and didn't have time to fully go over it. It seemed to be too much. He just told us it was because we were charged for the few guests that couldn't make it, because although I told him that they weren't coming, they were still a part of the "guaranteed" number. So, since we were leaving from there to our HM, we just paid it and left...

Fast forward to last week. We we finally getting around to tabulating the actual cost of our wedding, and I was going through the returned checks from Antrim. Again I noticed that somehting looked off, so I got our final bill and menu, and started comparing. Sure enough, the amount we paid was $554 more than what the contract stated it would be.

The only thing that we can think of is that we had asked Mike to add petit fors to our menu, to be put out after dinner so that the guests could nibble on them. Of course, Mike being Mike, they were never added to our menu and were not put out at our wedding. We figured since they weren't there, we weren't charged for them. But it looks like we may have been. So I called and left a message with Mike (they really need to deactivate his voicemal and email), and left an email, but never heard back from him. This was a week ago. So I called back today and asked for someone else and got the news that he was gone. Finally! What a failed experiment he was ...lol

And thank you so much for the compliment!! We still don't have our pro pics yet...the one in my siggy I only have because the studio had to send us a picture to approve an edit. It's actually two pages from our album! I can' t wait to visit your bio and see your pro pics! Didn't you also have a blog??

• edited December 2011

For some reason I couldn't see your pictures...I clicked on the "19" where it had 19 pictures but nothing came up...am I doing something wrong? I have to admit, I never did figure this site out 100%! Thanks!!

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry you had to deal with the billing mess! Good thing you are conscientious about your bills.

I just checked my profile. I had my profile and pictures set to private, so maybe that's why. It's hard to find things on here! I set them as public now. Maybe that will help.
  • edited December 2011
     Oh goody :-) I NEVER get tired of looking at pretty wedding pictures! I just can't wait until I finally have mine to share :-) Thanks!!
  • edited December 2011
    Amy - oh my goodness!!!! Your wedding pictures are among the best that I have seen in a very long time - and I really mean that! Every picture was better and more creative than the one before, and I love how your photographer took the time and really put thought into his shots. I love the one (ok, I love them all!) where you are walking acrosss the grass and your husband is holding your train...you both were so happy, and you were a beautiful bride :-) I'm always curious to see how the Antrim looked through other photographer's lenses, and yours are among the best I have seen the Antrim photograhed.

My one regret is that our photographer was a little lazy in my opinion, and didn't go for the wow shots as often as he could have. Yours did, and it really does show!!
  • nancyrn526nancyrn526 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GIrls....sry to be nosy but I'm getting married at Antrim next Sept and when I saw the title to this post, I crossed my fingers that you were referring to Antrim's Mike.  I'm sry you guys had so many problems....I had heard horror stories.  Just trying to book the place with him was a nightmare (he was overcharging us too by almost $20 per person!!!!) this so made my night! Sry again to butt in....btw if you don't mind, I might sneak a peak at your pics....haven't been able to find any recent brides who got married and posted pics at Antrim :)
  • edited December 2011
    Nancy - Yes, it was the same Mike, and yes - you are always more than welcomed to "butt in"...lol The more the merrier :-)

But yes, he is outta there! He was so not fit for that job it wasn't funny! The person that he replaced was amazing and had a stellar record (you probably read his reviews on Wedding Wire - his name was Keith). In fact, we loved Keith and hit it off instantly - he was a major part of the reason why we booked at Antrim. I was so disappoined to learn that Keith had left just 3 months before our wedding!  When we first met Mike, he was trashing Keith and saying negative things about him - which we didn't like, and it went downhill from there. And then came the issues, from his personality (very aloof) to his management style (very hard to reach, hardly ever called back on time, etc.) and then he just didn't seem to have an overall understanding of how the whole wedding planning thing was done.

I definitely consider him a failed experiment, and am glad that future brides should have the type of experience that the Antrim was famous for providing. I didn't get that (and neither did many of the Spring '10 brides who posted here), but at least it's comforting to know that management took note of our comments and made the move. I hope you do book there - it truly was an amazing place!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nancy--Feel free to butt in anytime. LOL. I really hope you have a wonderful Antrim wedding!

Rands--Thanks so much for the picture compliments! You made my week!! We encouraged our photographer to be as creative as possible. My husband is a photographer (although not a wedding photographer) so it was something we really cared about.

I remember our photographer (Karen at Eikon Photography) wanted me to lounge on the couch in the Boucher suite right after I had put on my dress. I wasn't too thrilled about that because I was afraid of wrinkling my dress, but I liked the outcome. It took 2 people to help me onto and off the couch! LOL. It was so hard to move around in my dress!
  • edited December 2011
    I have to be honest, I was considering the Antrim for my wedding, and then when I saw all the posts about how horrible he is and scouted for a new venue lol. 

As happy as I am with the venue we might pick, now I can put this back on the list for an appointment to at least check it out.
  • edited December 2011
    I loved my wedding at Antrim! Unfortunately, myself and a few others did not have the best of experiences with Mike, but even with that - I would not have had my wedding anywhere else. It just felt like there is where we were meant to be! Good luck in your search :-)

@ Kitcat - you are most welcomed! your pictures are more like art :-) We also encouraged our photog go crazy and get creative. He tried, but I just don't think he had it in him. He was a traditional wedding photographer at heart...We got some really great shots, but I thought he could have pushed the envelope a bit more!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second what Rands just said about her wedding at the Antrim. I enjoyed my wedding there, too. I had no complaints about the venue, food and staff, other than Mike. The rest of the staff was extremely nice and helpful. The food was excellent!!! So yeah, our big complaint was Mike. Since he is gone, I hope future couples have a better experience with their event coordinator. My husband and I talk all the time about how we had a fantastic wedding there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards