June 2012 Weddings
Options

outfits - please tell me...

2»

Re: outfits - please tell me...

• Options

I bought one for my one and only shower.  It is a cute dress from Express.  I could definitely wear it to work or to another wedding again.  I used a $50 gift card that my mom got me for Christmas in 2010.  Then the other $13 was coming out of my bank account, but the register froze and it never came out.  The gift card has a $0 balance so basically it was free for me.

• Options
    This:-) I plan to buy a new dress for my shower and RD. But I'm also a thrifty person. FI and I haven't purchased new duds due to wedding planning so we're both do for new clothes. That and we'll end up using whatever we purchase for work, honeymoon, summer parties etc.  definitely plan to get my money's worth out of whatever I find. 

**I'm still trying to figure out a way of wearing my wedding dress again so all of that money isn't for a one time event!! lol jp...kinda;-)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_outfits-please-tell-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:ae2a3898-aa53-4255-9810-d5e5cabb3554Post:0859979a-227c-4ec2-90ea-4165cfd8a604">Re: outfits - please tell me...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: outfits - please tell me... : Even though some are buying a new dress for wedding festivites, that doesn't always mean they never intend to wear them again.  Example: I stated above that I will be buying a dress for our after party because I don't want my wedding dress to smell like campfire.  I still want to wear a white dress since it is my wedding day.  I won't wear the dress I get prior to this day, but I do intend to wear it as a summer dress following the wedding.  I often look for clothes that I can wear to work as well.  Many of the dresses I purchase are work appropriate with maybe a cardigan over them.
    Posted by julbgordo[/QUOTE]
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I am so glad i am not the only one. I see so many people on tk that need a new outfit for EVERY single thing. 

Heck the last outfit i bought for our social cost me $100. I am plus size, we do not have the cheap stores the americans have so i have limited options. I can't afford 100 a pop, but i may buy a new top to go with that skirt i bought for the social & wear it for the bachelorette party.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am so glad i am not the only one. I see so many people on tk that need a new outfit for EVERY single thing. 

Heck the last outfit i bought for our social cost me $100. I am plus size, we do not have the cheap stores the americans have so i have limited options. I can't afford 100 a pop, but i may buy a new top to go with that skirt i bought for the social & wear it for the bachelorette party.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dream Honeymoon/Actual Honeymoon Disneyworld Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'll be honest, I am getting a new dress for my shower and the rehearsal and I wore a new dress for my engagement party. I just wanted to get something special for each event. I'll probably wear them again. I often buy new dresses for events, but I always wear them for something else later on.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards