Latino Weddings
Options

1 year...

Today is my 1 year mark and I'm excited. Yay! So I've been on here (the knot) for a while, since February actually and this is my first post here on the Latino Wedding board. Both my husband and I are Puerto Rican. We've been together for 10 years in October. We were married by court on 10-10-09 but still planned on having the church wedding. I'm Catholic- and I call it a second wedding because the Catholic church does not recognize courthouse weddings. (That's all I'll say about that because I don't like discussing religion.) So anyway, just felt like sharing it on here. =)
8-26-12-1-1 8-26-12-2

Re: 1 year...

• Options
    Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! It's pretty dead around here as you may have already seen lol but I welcome you either way!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Congratulations and I am new here !!!!

I just started planning my wedding I am Mexican

and my fiance is American. I want to incorporate some of my mexican culture with his

Irish! I just got engaged on March and planning to get married next april. Laughing

http://www.theknot.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.theknot.com/tickers/tt10c7d0.aspx[/img][/url]
  • Options
    Jojo714Jojo714 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks ladies... Yay... there's like 3 of us. LOL... Well, we can only hope that more ladies come in here. =)

8-26-12-1-1 8-26-12-2
  • Options
    lucy2113lucy2113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_latino-weddings_1-year?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:680Discussion:5aa82339-8b31-4d4c-acad-3301c65d75d4Post:dd76e91e-8a16-4d5e-ba79-1e8333bb5f61">1 year...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Today is my 1 year mark and I'm excited. Yay! So I've been on here (the knot) for a while, since February actually and this is my first post here on the Latino Wedding board. Both my husband and I are Puerto Rican. We've been together for 10 years in October. <strong>We were married by court on 10-10-09 but still planned on having the church wedding. I'm Catholic- and I call it a second wedding because the Catholic church does not recognize courthouse weddings</strong>. (That's all I'll say about that because I don't like discussing religion.) So anyway, just felt like sharing it on here. =)
    Posted by Jojo714[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Congrats... But I will tell you "second weddings" are not really accepted on the knot. I'm not saying this to be rude, I'm just telling you as a heads up. On the other hand, good luck planning! :D I'm sure you and your FI wil have a great time planning together.</div>
    Holiday
  • Options
    leah2489leah2489 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! I know I was so excited when it hit the year mark :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  It will go so fast!  I remember when I was a year out and now I am already married!  Enjoy this year, will be fun!  How much planning do you have left?
  • Options
    Jojo714Jojo714 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_latino-weddings_1-year?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:680Discussion:5aa82339-8b31-4d4c-acad-3301c65d75d4Post:26d30af8-e3ec-476e-b957-916333d18e9f">Re: 1 year...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to 1 year... : Congrats... <strong>But I will tell you "second weddings" are not really accepted on the knot</strong>. I'm not saying this to be rude, I'm just telling you as a heads up. On the other hand, good luck planning! :D I'm sure you and your FI wil have a great time planning together.
    Posted by TLK08[/QUOTE]

Hello TLK and thanks for the heads up.=)  I am not concerned as to who "accepts" my situation, I don't understand what the problem would be... my life, my wedding, my issue- whomever doesn't approve, can ignore my posts lol. Thanks for the congrats. =)
    8-26-12-1-1 8-26-12-2
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!! I'm kinda new around here!!! Everyone here seems so nice :)
  • Options
    latina40299latina40299 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Jojo, have fun planning your second wedding :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    drod58drod58 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations.  I will start saying @TLK08 that there is a board here in The Knot for Second Weddings, so it is very well accepted here.

@Jojo714 Me and my husband are both Puerto Rican and also we live in NJ.  I was exactly in your situtation.  We got married by the judge in 1984 in Puerto Rico and we had only a little celebration in "la marquesina de mis suegros".  I always wanted to get married by the church (we both are catholics) and with today and tomorrow me never did it.  So, we decided to get married by the church on our
    25th wedding anniversary.  We went to talk to the priest, and the first thing he said was, "well, you know that you are living in a sin, since you are not married by the church"  Anyways, we did four classes with the priest and I planned the wedding that I always wanted.  A wedding dress in Ivory, tuxes, wedding party, ceremony at my catholic church, reception, and even honeymoon to Las Vegas.   We got married on 12-12-09 and my original wedding date is 12-15-84.  I wanted the date as close as possible as the original one.

I was here in the NJ board and the girls were very supportive and gave me a lot of ideas and some of them were very thrill with the idea.

Go ahead plan your wedding and I wish you the best of luck y muchas felicidades.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards