Florida-Central Florida
Options

WEDDING IN 16 DAYS DRESS STILL NOT HERE

Hi gals!

So it's been a while and I promise I will have pics up soon of the jam favors and all my DIY projects which have worked out great! 

The first task I took up was buying my wedding gown. I ordered it on January 9th shortly after we got engaged.  Well, it's still not here!!!! The shop has been telling me over and over and over that it will be here in 2 weeks.. Well they just called me today and said it will be here in 1 week.  That leaves me a week to get alterations? They cannot do this to a bride! I paid 60% already! I've been miserable about it for a long time..  It was so perfect...

My mom just couldn't take it anymore.  She was nervous too. Plus they ordered me a size 16 and I am a 10.  She drove up from South Florida last Friday and we went to David's in Altamonte just to walk around and look.  Well I found a dress- off the rack- fit almost perfect! So we bought it as a back up... and I'm so glad I did.   It may almost be prettier than the first dress! And at least now I will have something to walk down the aisle in.
Anniversary

Re: WEDDING IN 16 DAYS DRESS STILL NOT HERE

• Options
    chiokevanchiokevan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you need to tell us the name of this shop so we know to beware
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh. My. God. I would FLIP out & demand my money back. That is unbelievable. I'm glad you found another dress you love. What was the original day they said the dress would be ready? A week is not near as much time as you need for alterations unless they are going to do it there & can somehow guarantee it. Ugh, I'm sorry you're having to deal with that. 
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you bought a back up you like because there is no way that a week is enough time to get it altered and steamed.  Most bridal shops, however, tell you that it takes a minimum of eight months for your dress to come in and you didn't have eight months.  Did they not tell you when you ordered it that it would take eight months? Then shame on them.  When I ordered mine, I had to sign something saying I knew it would take eight months.  If they didn't make you sign something, I think I would try to see if they can give you some of your money back.  It was dishonest of them to sell you the dress when they knew your wedding date was about six months away.  
  • Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my...  yes, what store was that?? Def a good idea for the back up dress! That should relieve some stress.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This was at Savannah Grace Bridal in Waterford Lakes.

They said 6 to 8 weeks and when I offered to pay extra to rush it, they denied, saying it was not necessary.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Omg I would barf. Thank god you found a good back up. Good luck with everything!!!
  • Options
    cjbwifey2010cjbwifey2010 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's really crazy. I'm glad you got a backiup dress! The store i bought my dress at said it would take 4 months, and it took just a little under 4 months to get there. Thank goodness I ordered it in like October! It actually came in on my birthday!

By the way...we're getting married on the same day! Yay! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow that's very disappointing. My mom got her dress for the wedding there & we had a great experience. I'm so sorry they did that to you! 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    6 to 8 weeks?  I think they lied to you.  Also, you should ask for your money back.  Is the six to eight weeks in writing anywhere?  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a reciept that says Ship Date April 7th. But They said they will not give me my money back because they arent responsible for what happens with the company.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the well wishes everyone! I'll update this post when/if I pick it up next week!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have a receipt that says an exact ship date?  Go in there, ask to speak to a manager and tell them that if you don't get your money back for the dress, you plan on taking them to small claims court for not fulfilling their end of the bargain.  You also plan on posting what they did to you on every wedding referral site.  
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Any reputable store would've given you a refund or another dress that was a sample in stock or they would've put some pressure to rush order it in when it didn't come in in APRIL.  I think we need to add this store to the knottie reviews that Jess has as a stay away from store.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No I don't have any document or anything in writing saying when it would be here.  They kept saying two weeks, two weeks whenever I kept pressing to rush it when it wasn't here.  I've spoken to the owner many times and she is not giving me anything.

This is the dress:

http://www.ellabridals.com/dress.php?id=108
    Anniversary
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's beautiful.  Take them to small claims court after your wedding.  I'm serious.  Also, do you love the other dress you got?  I hope you do.  You deserve to wear something that you feel happy in.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, I love the other dress almost more I think :) It has a train which I love.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow, that is awful! i'm so sorry to hear that you are being treated like that. it's unacceptable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards