Ohio-Toledo
Options

Bad week!

Bad things happen in 3's right?  Well in that case, I'm scared to leave the house.

Last weekend, DH was out of town for a guys' weekend of whitewater rafting in WV.  I can count the number of nights that DH has left me alone overnight on my hands.  Seriously.  Of course something had to happen when he was gone. 

Well... Saturday my best friend and I went up to IKEA and when we came home, the glass on my back door was smashed in.  I didn't go in the house, and I just called the police.  On a positive note, the Toledo police department tends to be known for being slow, but they were there in just a couple minutes.  They ended up stealing some cash, my laptop, and they emptied my jewelry box.  Thankfully I always wear my e-ring/wedding ring, so at least I still have that.  It still totally sucks as they probably stole about $1500 worth of other jewelry.

On Monday, during that storm, bad thing number 2 happened.  Lightening either hit our house or hit extremely close to it.  The whole house shook and for a fraction of a second, I could only see white out the windows.  It ended up frying our modem or router  (I don't understand these things!), so we didn't have any TV or internet Monday night or yesterday.  The guy got here to fix it at 7:30 this morning. (... and the first thing I do is come here! lol!)  Oh!  And it was just us in the area too.  The guy we spoke to on the phone said the only other reported AT&T outages in Ohio were near Cleveland.

So now... where's number 3?  Am I going to crash my car?  Maybe our brand new Central Air will stop working smack dab in the middle of this heat wave?  Am I about to break my arm?  Maybe I'm about to get Malaria?  Haha. 

Basically, this week sucks so far.  Tell me a joke!
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Bad week!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, man!  That stuff really sucks.  Hopefully you can avoid the third thing... it sounds like you've had a bad enough week already : (

On a cheering up note, if you think kittens are cute, this video is pretty hilarious:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-1F-CokXNU
  • Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ha!  That video had me cracking up!  It kind of reminded me of my furbaby when he was a kitten.  Now he's 4 and looks like this....

Now a lot of that is fur... but he is still a BIG freaking cat.  He was 18lbs last time he was at the vet.  And yes, he likes to sleep with his head on the pillow like a human!

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you're having a bad week! I hope it gets better!

This video cracks me up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGeKSiCQkPw
  • Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

OMG! How awful.  So sorry.

My apartment got broken into on a 4th of July a few years ago,  It sucked so bad thinking about some jerk going through all my stuff :(

I do want to let you know that your emergency kit came in handy! We had to bust out the double sided tape for a bridesmaid whose dress was too big.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    akirkenakirken member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Man, so sorry to hear about this. :[ I hope things start turning around for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't have a joke but I'm glad to hear that you are ok......that sucks for someone to take what you worked hard for that sucks! But you can replace all of that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww, I think lightening hitting the house and router frying should count as 2, so you've already got your 3.

I don't have a good joke, but you should friend Pete Lee on facebook or twitter, he's one of my favorite comedians and makes me laugh on a pretty regular basis.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards