Massachusetts-Cape Cod

best beach for pics near Brewster?

FI and I are trying to finalize the photog timeline/arrangements. I'm getting ready at Oceanside Salon in Brewster and we're getting married in Orleans. We're looking for a beach (bay side preferably) with good sand/shoreline to take our before ceremony pics with bp. I'm not familiar with Brewster, and definitely need to stay within the Brewester/Orleans/Eastham area. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! TIA!
BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
Visit CapeCod.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: best beach for pics near Brewster?

• jsimmjsimm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are getting married at linnell landing (beach is MAYBE 5 minutes from oceanside).  there are 3 or 4 other beaches within that area- they're all parallel to each other. there are a lot of dunes and grasslands before you hit the beach, but they're still nice.  what time of day is your wedding?  and hopefully you'll miss some of the other traffic on the beach.  i hope that helps a little bit!  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We took our pre-ceremony shots at Paines Creek in Dennis (a short drive from Brewster).  Feel free to check them out in my bio.

Keep in mind with the Brewster flats, that the tide can make a HUGE difference.  You could have all water or no water, depending on the time of day.
  • edited December 2011
    Skaket Beach in Orleans is a nice backdrop for pictures.
  • CCBelATCCCBelATC member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jsimm ~ Linnell Landing looks so beautiful!! I love the location, it's about 1/3 of the way from the salon to our venue so it's definitely in the right direction. We're having a 2 pm ceremony on a Sunday, but really thinking of doing pictures as early as noon (I need SERIOUS help coming up with a realistic 'day of' timeline!!!!!!!!!!!) so we can do one on-location photo shoot before the "staged" getting ready pics at the venue, then ceremony, then reception, then last on-location shoot for sunset (fingers crossed! ><). What time are you getting married?

CC ~ Very wise of you! I totally wasn't even thinking about the tides, and didn't realize I could lose the entire shoreline at high tide. No water at low tide would not be a bad thing for us. Farmers almanac here I come. Thank You!!

Cynic ~ I can't actually find any good pictures of Skaket. Can you recommend a good website with photos or do you have any pictures you could show me of the area?

Thanks to you all for responding!!!!!! Super helpful!!
    Visit CapeCod.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    There are a few in this slideshow from my daughter's wedding

There are also some in the photo gallery from the Capt. Linnell House
  • jsimmjsimm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is Saturday morning, at 11am.  After reading the post though, i jumped to google to find the tide schedule for this year... We just might be cutting it close, as high tide is around 12:45.  

As a PA bride, getting married on the Cape, does anyone know just how much beach (approx) will be there an hour before high tide?  Will we have enough beach to have the ceremony (with 50 guests), and pictures?  If that doesn't work, I might have to move our ceremony time up by a little bit. Unfortuntely, we won't be getting any sunset beach pictures that day.  Perhaps we'll get lucky for our engagement shoot this summer.  

OP, I'll post some other pictures of Linnell, from back in February when we were in town in a little while.  
  • CCBelATCCCBelATC member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cynic ~ Thank you! Gorgeous pictures, what a beautiful wedding!

jsimm ~ I'm not sure how long it takes to reach high tide. I had a coworker tell me that on the bay side, the tide comes in sooner than expected and leaves later than charted. I take it with a grain of salt. I don't know what your wedding date is, but I think I would error on starting sooner (or go way later when it's going out again). Depending on who is doing your ceremony it should be about 30 minutes, and you'll probably want at least another 30 minutes of formal pictures with family and wedding party before you leave the site. CCBelle said that it's flat there, so even 10 minutes can make a big difference. FI and I might check out the beach in a month or two so we could try to scope out how quickly the tide comes in?
  • jsimmjsimm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately, our Reception site is already booked, so we can't do it any later.  I am considering doing it earlier, and just let everyone know that the Reception won't start right away.  Also, being from Pennsylvania we can't exactly go and check it out ourselves, at least not until we're up that way again in July.  Thanks for your help though! I'lm defintitely gonna talk to our WC and let them know that we're considering starting things earlier.  Oiy. 
  • jsimmjsimm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    so we had some great news for Brewster beach vs. tides fight.  
    our wedding coordinator went out there this past week, 2 hours before high tide (the time that our wedding is supposed to start), and stayed for an hour (when our pictures should be over).  she said that there was PLENTY of beach left.  hope that helps for the OP.  I'm sure if you tried and to cut it any shorter, you'd be cutting it close at the tides come in pretty quickly at that point.  just check things out and go from there!  
  • KateG419KateG419 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your wedding photographer should be able to help with both what kind of timeline is realistic and where the best beach is to go take pictures at.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi everyone! I love the pics from the wedding on the beach. The one where the writers daughter got married and who posted the Captain Linnell links. What beach did your daughter get married on?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards