Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Capella Courts

Hey Knotties

Just saw on the news that Capella Courts may be gone out of business. Just FYI if youve booked them.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Capella Courts

• tiffanygosstiffanygoss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2012
    Not may, you mean most cetainly have gone out of business. The appliances ahve all been ripped out of the building. These ppl are selling anything they can, very sad. Very sad for the ocuples that had a wedding this weekend and in the near future. The news report said the couple that is supposed to be getting married this weekend just paid the last of their $8000 at the end of November. Another couple gettting married on Sunday had paid $6000. The owners of this place should be ashamed of themselves and I pray that the couples get their money back, although sadly that probably wont be the case.
  • So Sad.. they have a sister property in Garland so maybe they can work something out with them. I'm glad the Hilton Garden Inn stepped up the help some couples out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Didn't they say the sister venue is going under as well?
  •  Wen I saw it on the news yesterday they didnt but maybe they have recvd more info since then. If so, that suks.. In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_capella-courts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e2c1438a-d634-4dc8-ad82-024b4a56e8b6Post:0b03dff8-562f-41f1-b1ef-190299c1f1a4">Re: Capella Courts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Didn't they say the sister venue is going under as well?
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_capella-courts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:e2c1438a-d634-4dc8-ad82-024b4a56e8b6Post:0b03dff8-562f-41f1-b1ef-190299c1f1a4">Re: Capella Courts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Didn't they say the sister venue is going under as well?
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes.  In both the Carrollton and Garland venues, everything has been ripped out, phone lines are disconnected, and websites are down.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Brianna, ITA with everything you said.  I cannot wrap my brain around how someone sat there just a week or so ago, took their checks, and assured them they were good to go.  I could never, ever fathom doing that to someone.  I'm assuming they can sue to get their money back, right?  I know I would definitely be looking into my legal options.... especially for all the money these brides paid for their venue.  $8,000 is nothing to sneeze at.  I just can't imagine having people come in from out of town this Friday and finding out just yesterday that the venue was closed, you probably don't have any money to put towards a new one, and you've already paid all your other vendors.  If these brides don't get married somewhere else on their dates, they'll be out far, far more than what they paid their venues.</div>
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Those immediate brides have been taken care of. One got married yesterday @ Westin Stonebriar. Still very sad, but the wedding venue community is very giving when it comes to helping these brides out.
    Married 6/23/2012 Photobucket
  • wow! i am planning my wedding as we speak and i looked into both locations, capella courts and alexander mansion. the phone lines were disconnected so i took them off my list. this news is very sad to those brides who had no clue on those allegations.
    Soon to be MR. & MRS. ANTHONY PRICE JR! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards