Florida-Central Florida

Corsages...

Who all gets them?

Just the parents?...Grandparents too?? ...BFF's? haha..idk!!

Did you even do corsages? ...I've also seen where ppl receive a single stem rose or something...just some sort of recognition as an immediate relative. What do you think?

Re: Corsages...

• edited December 2011
    We did corsages for both of our moms and my grandmother (the only one still alive). We didn't have any readers or singers or usher-type people, so that was it for us. My mom said she wouldn't have wanted to carry something around or have something on her wrist, so we did the pin-on kind. Some florists will do a magnetic one if you're dealing with really delicate fabric.
  • Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IMO I'd say people in pictures... so parents and grandparents.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
  • edited December 2011
    My mom was with me when I was pricing things, so she said flowers for the parents/grandparents weren't necessary.  It would have been another $100-ish or so for the additional bouts and corsages.  Plus, I think corsages are a little cheesy.  That's just my opinion.

In the end, I didn't do them.  No one cared, or if they did, they didn't express it.

Also, the three readers were the best man, a groomsman, and my Dad, so we didn't do anything extra for them.  It did help with the rehearsal dinner count to have the bridal party do the readings also.  I had originally asked my sister and his sister, but they didn't want to read in front of everyone.  The guys didn't care.
  • edited December 2011
    I did parents and grandparents.
  • AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have usually seen it done the parents and grandparents and godparents if you have those, also readers sometimes. We didn't do them, though. Tim didn't even want to wear flowers at all, so we didn't even do the bouts for the guys.
  • edited December 2011
    im doing parents and grandparents. but our moms are just having like a gerber daisy or something small so they don't have to have it on them during the reception. I asked my grandma her preference of pin on or corsage (she is the only grandparent) and just did that for her so she would be comfortable. But, if money for the extra flowers aren't in your budget I doubt they will be missed
  • edited December 2011
    Ok girls, thanks so much for the input!! =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards