New Hampshire

Old Married lady needs some help

Hi ladies, 

Its been a while since I've been here. I was married back in 2009 and this was my go to place while planning. I have been a little out of touch with the wedding scene for a while so I need some help. My brother in law is getting married and his soon to be wife asked me to help plan the wedding since its really not her up of tea. They are on a budget so we need to scale back some... I have a few questions for whoever will help me... 

Who is your DJ?

Where is your reception? Is there a number min/max of guests, room fees... (they are getting married on a Friday) 

popular color palates now? Its a June 2012 wedding.

Name your florist and photog?

Any other advise, suggestions or whatever would be super helpful! 

Thanks ladies!! 

Re: Old Married lady needs some help

• dls.1215dls.1215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine might be a little out of date as it was almost a year ago but hope it helps!
    Who is your DJ? 
    Kevin from Main Event

Where is your reception? Is there a number min/max of guests, room fees...   (they are getting married on a Friday) We had our reception at Candia Woods in Candia, there was no room fee (built into food costs)  I'm not sure of the minimums for a Friday but the room holds 135 max

We did Royal Blue and Apple Green

A Photographic Memory did our pictures and we had Lindsey Loring for our flowers!   (www.lyndseyloringdesign.com)
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    Who is your DJ?  DJ Lori D.

Where is your reception? Is there a number min/max of guests, room fees... (they are getting married on a Friday) 

Our reception is at Atkinson Country Club.  I'm not sure about the min/max guests but I know it will be cheaper if they are having a wedding on a Friday.

Mine is purple.

Secret Eden is my florist and Derek Carpenter of carpentercaptures.com is my photog.

Good luck!

• edited December 2011
    Who is your DJ? Tim Patoine from A Good Time DJ
    Where is your reception? Is there a number min/max of guests, room fees... (they are getting married on a Friday) Grappone Conference Center, Concord.  They have 3 sections of ballroom, so you can customize to fit your wedding, though I'm not sure of exact numbers.  No room fee- just pay for the food.
    popular color palates now? Its a June 2012 wedding.  I'm not sure whether it's popular or not, but we're doing coral and cobalt.  I've seen lots of neutrals and lighter colors, lately, but also lots of jewel tones too
    Name your florist and photog? Florist- Cobblestone Design Co. in Concord, and photog- A Photographic Memory.
    Good luck!:)
    Anniversary
  • Brandiewine11Brandiewine11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_old-married-lady-needs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:ef2923cf-6895-461b-9c37-9c4b81599dfbPost:ed982ccd-64ed-4ba0-bd6b-b97970d7ea62">Old Married lady needs some help</a>:
    We're going pretty "small scale" so hopefully this will help:

[QUOTE]

Who is your DJ? Scott from Disc Go Entertainment (we know him through a friend, came with great recommendations, very budget friendly)

Where is your reception? pat's peak - again, one of most budget friendly places for the # of guests we have (135) but very beautiful and they have been very accomodating and helpful so far

Is there a number min/max of guests, room fees... (they are getting married on a Friday)  There was a min $ spend on food (does not incl beverages), but I don't remember what for Friday. Saturday was $4500 min. Friday was really affordable too. Check out the website for room rental fees, it wasn't bad at all.

popular color palates now? Its a June 2012 wedding.  Anything! I'm in love with the simple black and white, but you can do anything you want!

Name your florist and photog? Florist: ideas in bloom - she is wonderful!

Any other advise, suggestions or whatever would be super helpful!  Thanks ladies!! 
    Posted by amandasblum[/QUOTE]
  • edited December 2011
    Who is your DJ?

We are using Billy from main Event.

Our ceremony and Reception are at the Granite Rose in Hampstead.  They have two rooms of different sizes, each with its own garden.  They are willing to work with any size group.  Room costs are built into the package and food fees.

Our colors are a grass green and raspberry pink with some ivory thrown in too

We have 2 florists.  Susanne's Weddings is doing our centerpieces (she came with our package) and FI's uncle owns The Village Bouquet in Farmington and he will be doing the rest of our flowers. We are using Details by DiFranco for photographers.
    Anniversary
  • ladyd522ladyd522 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our DJ is Dave Lynch- I found him from a lot of reviews here!

Our ceremony & reception will be at Chuch Landing in Meredith, NH. There is a 150 people minimum for our Saturday night reception-i'm not sure about Friday night.

We are getting married in October, but using a green & ivory with some silver colors. I think you can use any color at anytime :)

We are using NH Images for our photographer & also using Lyndsey Loring for our flowers!

Hope that helps, good luck :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker> Photobucket
  • FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who is your DJ? - David Lynch
    Londonderry Country Club - $500 rental fee 150 max guestsYou can choose between 2 caterers (Castle Caterers or Green House Catering) Both have reasonable selections. 
    popular color palates now? Sage Green & Lavender
    Florist = Lyndsey LoringPhotog= Beth Wallace www.bethwallacephotography.com

• edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!! You were very helpful! 
  • edited December 2011
    Who is your DJ? Tony Capella - A Good Time DJs

Where is your reception? Is there a number min/max of guests, room fees... (they are getting married on a Friday)   Nashua Country Club. Not sure of the minimum/maximum, but they were extremely accomodating and willing to work with my budget.
    popular color palates now? Its a June 2012 wedding. - My colors are Sangria, Ivory and Black

Florist = Chalifor
    Photographer = Kyle Hoffman Photography  
    Any other advise, suggestions or whatever would be super helpful! 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Who is your DJ? Dj Dave lynch Where is your reception? Is there a number min/max of guests, room fees... (they are getting married on a Friday) sky meadow country club I'm not 100% sure since I'm having an off season wedding and the prices are different. I know there's a minimum for food and beverage but I'm not sure what it is for Friday. But a good thing is the cake is included with any dinner package.. Mmm! popular color palates now? Its a June 2012 wedding. Our colors are navy, shades of pink and a splash of yellow Name your florist and photog? Photo - John loconte Florist - not sure yet but between Annes country florals and Fortin gage
  • edited December 2011

Who is your DJ? Kibar from Main Event

Where is your reception? Is there a number min/max of guests, room fees... (they are getting married on a Friday) Holiday Inn, Concord. No max or min

popular color palates now? Its a June 2012 wedding. I would say anything bright and cheery. We're using watermelon

Name your florist and photog? Florist - Generations Florist - Hillsboro, NH. Photographer - A Photographic Memory

My Bio
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 47 Ready to Party
    image 7 Missing out
    image 100 Need to find the mailbox
  • edited December 2011
    Who is your DJ?
    Sean of NuImage.  $2,800 for 6 hours

Castleton, Windham, NH. 
    Entire Hall for a Fri: $17,000 holds 400+
    3/4 Hall: $14,000 Holds a max of 290
    1/2 Hall: $6,800 Holds a max of 236
    1/4 Hall: when available: $4,500 Holds a max of 100

The minimums include all food, house toast, tax and gratuity.  You can also have a ceremony on site for $500-$600.  They have 3 areas to choose from. 

We're using Navy Blue, Shades of hot pinks and purples.  With gray accents.

Lyndsey Loring is the florist
    Artifact Images is our photog.  It is a husband and wife team.

• mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who is your DJ?  Drew Rissler, Get Down Tonight Entertainment (Salem)

Where is your reception? Is there a number min/max of guests, room fees... (they are getting married on a Friday) The Shattuck Golf Club (Jaffrey, NH).  Cathedral ceilings--seats up to 250 guests.  Has a bar, on-site menu and patio (verranda), that overlooks the golf course and Mt. Monadnock.  http://www.sterlinggolf.com/shattuck/wedding3.html

Our wedding is late summer--Labor Day weekend--using Navy and Celedon Green for main colors, and using sunflowers, daisies, cornflowers and blue delphenium in bouquets for a pop of color.

Name your florist and photog? (Added  info on other vendors)
    Florist = Daffodils, (Jaffrey)http://www.daffodilsflowers.com/weddings/
    (Mardi at Daffodils is AMAZING).  Only $50 deposit required; not pushy, came in under our budget.
    Photographer = William T. Moore Photography, (Bedford).  http://www.williammoorephoto.com/# Nice guy-and reasonably priced--was willing to do a lot of extra things for us at no charge. $200 deposit.
    Videographer = Brian Norton, New Creations Video Productions (Nashua)
    Uplighting = Boston Uplights http://www.bostonuplights.com/#
    Limousine = LA Limousine (Wilton), less expensive than Grace & Black Tie  http://www.lalimo4u.com/services.html (50% deposit)
    Guest Shuttles = Thomas Transportation (Swanzey, NH) http://www.thomastransportation.com/services/31-seat-bus-charter
    Bridal & Bridesmaid Attire:  Modern Bride (Bedford) http://www.modernbrideshop.com/
    Groom & Groomsmen Attire:  Men's Warehouse (Nashua) http://www.menswearhouse.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Tuxedos_-1_10601_10051_10651_10651_Tuxedos.html
    We're using a JP out of Keene, (Jane Rokes) and a Cake Baker out of Templeton, MA (Cakes for all Occasions).
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards