Ohio-Columbus
Options

Vendor Reviews 3!!!

Violet Limo – Transportation

We used a stretch limo (FYI - supposed to hold 14, but was a little tight with 12) to transport the bridal party to get our hair done and again to take the entire wedding party from the church to the reception.  We were supposed to have a town car take us back in the evening but they ended up sending a limo for that also.  Our driver for the morning and afternoon was the same, and he was nice and professional but when we got out for the reception he rudely asked a few of our groomsmen for his tip.  My ILs paid for it and had planned on tipping but had not arrived yet; it was just an awkward situation.  It wasn’t until we got back to our apartment that evening that we realized neither of us had keys the limo driver had us get back in the car and wouldn’t leave until we got into our apartment safely.  We tried to tip him extra, but he wouldn’t take it.  ILs called after the wedding about the driver rudely asking for a tip and they apologized.

Embroidery Design Group (Dublin) – Wedding Party Gifts

We got our bridesmaids embroidered make-up bags (and they added a cute removable, matching ribbon) and groomsmen embroidered toiletry bags.  We also got our maid of honor a purse and best man a flask.  They turned out so well and we ended up spending much less than we had budgeted on these items.  They have a 2 week turnaround time just in case anyone is interested.

Camelot Cellars (Short North) – Wedding Gifts

As our wedding gifts to our guests we made wine.  Camelot Cellars has wine making kits and so we just went there and made the wine with the help of their winemakers.  The first part is short and easy and just takes a few people, then you have to wait a few months (depends on the wine).  After it’s ready to bottle you go back hopefully with 6ish people to bottle, cork and label.  We did 124 split bottles (2 ½ glasses of wine) in just a few hours with 6 people helping.  There really isn’t room for more people and would get chaotic.  It probably came out to $4 a bottle (depends on your type of wine), and we gave 1 per couple.  In my opinion, it’s a lot better than some trinket or junk that people don’t even want to take with them.  They have all the wine there to taste so you can decide on what kind you want and some wine is already started and can be “adopted.”  Everyone was helpful and wine turned out well.  PS they also have a room for tasting and parties for those looking for a bachelorette party or bridal shower idea.

Re: Vendor Reviews 3!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay! It sounds like you had a beautiful day!! Love the winemaking idea! I agree about trinkets, we are doing edible favors for the same reason!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

your winemaking idea was AWESOME! I would love to receive that as a "favor"/gift at a wedding that attended. I'll have to suggest this to a few of my friends who just got engaged :) sounds like you had a great day - congrats!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards