Canada-Ontario
Options

GTA Decorators

Hey ladies!

My FI and I are starting to figure out our budget and I wanted to know (for those of you who are married) how much did your decorator cost, if you had one? All that we would be needing is head table backdrop, table linens, and potentially centrepieces.

Any help would be appreciated!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 

Re: GTA Decorators

• Options
    Really depends on how many tables for the table linens and centrepieces. Head table backdrop again depends on how extravagant you want to go. We are paying $18/centrepiece, didn't get table linens as we got them through the venue and paid approximately 1500 for headtable which is quite extravagant and includes 4 large manzanita trees.
    Hope that helps!
    Stick to a number you are comfortable with and the decorator should be able to work it out - it might just mean a less elaborate head table for example.
  • Options
    It REALLY varies from company to company and pays to do a lot of research and negotiating in this area.   I'd suggest keeping an eye on Weddingful.com/Toronto because they have head table and general decor deals on frequently!

We're using Daeja Dream - they had some of the most reasonable prices that we found in our research and had a lot of different inventory.  However, we're only getting do-it-yourself chair covers.

Although we are not getting a head table backdrop, I believe they run in the $200-$500 range.  Chair covers are usually $1.50 - $3.50 per chair, and table linens are usually close to $10-$20 a table.  

Good luck!
    ~*June 2013 Sig Challenge: Our Cake*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Our head table decoration was $160 (swag, lights, no backdrop).  Linens were included with the hall but I think chair covers were $2 and sashes were $1?  Napkins were $1 or $1.50, not sure about table cloths.

We rented square mirrors ($2.50 each) for under the centerpieces and bought 10-hr white votives ($0.75) from her.

Our centerpieces were small floral centerpieces done by the florist, I gave her a budget of $25 including the vase and she worked with that and they looked fabulous.  Low and didn't get in the way of conversation.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_gta-decorators?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:ea015e0d-8db2-403c-9749-6340c5e7f757Post:97fc6a7d-0c3f-4f42-b443-34a2ec2d4915">Re: GTA Decorators</a>:
    [QUOTE]It REALLY varies from company to company and pays to do a lot of research and negotiating in this area.   I'd suggest keeping an eye on Weddingful.com/Toronto because they have head table and general decor deals on frequently! We're using Daeja Dream - they had some of the most reasonable prices that we found in our research and had a lot of different inventory.  However, we're only getting do-it-yourself chair covers.<strong> Although we are not getting a head table backdrop, I believe they run in the $200-$500 range.</strong>  Chair covers are usually $1.50 - $3.50 per chair, and table linens are usually close to $10-$20 a table.   Good luck!
    Posted by JennLax[/QUOTE]

Head table decor - swag, linens, etc,, run about $200-$500. Head table backdrops, the draping, bling, etc. that goes behind the head table, runs around $1000-$2000 depending on the design you want. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards