Florida-West Coast

Question about my venue

I haven’t really read anything about my venue I’m hoping I didn’t jump the gun since it’s already been booked… It’s the Hilton on Clearwater Beach… I just wanted to know if anyone’s had any good/bad experiences… this way  I know what to watch out for
-Tati

Re: Question about my venue

• wdubin122wdubin122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I checked it out when I was thinking of getting married in Fl. and I thought it was really nice.

• Gorecbrie2011Gorecbrie2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was between that place and the Hyatt Clearwater Beach and we ended up going with the Hyatt. I would have been just as happy if we went with the Hilton, though - I thought it was really nice. The coordinator at the Hyatt raved about Joanie and her team and how wonderful they were so I'm sure you'll have a great experience!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi
    Congrats on you wedding clearwater is beautiful!
    I own my own dessert business named Sun Baked LLC and would love to make your wedding cake for a great price!
    My fondant or buttercream cakes start 2.50 per person... If you have a cake in mind email me the picture and I will let you know how much it will cost to create it for you. I also do cocktail party catering if you were thinking of doing a lighter dinner for your guests.
    Thank you,
    Tina Morley
  • tammyhector77tammyhector77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have the same concern, we would like to have our wedding on their Sand Piper Deck, may I ask which room you are going with?

Have you taken your tour with them?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mdonovan21mdonovan21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I had debated having my wedding in the Clearwater area and the Hilton was one of the first ones we visited. Joanie (I think that was her name) was very friendly and in terms of pricing they seemed comprable to the other, few bigger hotels in the area.  Really great spaces/ballroom areas. Good luck!

• M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Im interested to hear about the Hyatt as well ,  it looks gorgeous!

577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Tati316Tati316 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having our wedding in the Water's Edge Ballroom... Looked at the Sand Piper Deck but cuz our weddings in Feb decided indoors was the way to go. I've taken 3 tours lol... First one was the reg one, then after  to narrow it down w/ my fiance... and then last month I had completely forgotten what the place looked like :/ so I called and was walked around again :) 
    Yeah Joanie is awesome, I haven't heard a single bad thing about her.
    I went w/ the Hilton because they incliuded so much, cake, officiant, chairs, linen, etc...  
    -Tati
  • tammyhector77tammyhector77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is what I like about their wedding package. Have you already signed the contract with them?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Gorecbrie2011Gorecbrie2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

M1ssJ – the Hyatt is wonderful! That was our first choice when we looked at hotels and we’re very happy with it. Jennifer, the coordinator, is awesome! Very easy to talk to and work with. This past weekend, she was setting up for a wedding Sunday evening and invited us to come see the finished product that afternoon so we could see what it looked like when it was set up – GORGEOUS! They also have some great options for cocktail hours. Since our wedding is in early April, we’re doing our cocktail hour up on the terrace that faces the beach and then moving downstairs to the ballroom for the reception. If it’s a nice time of year and you want an outdoor reception, they have a beautiful area on the top floor that overlooks the beach. It’s a pretty decent size too (I wanna say it holds around 150 or so).

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards