Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Carnival Glory/ Cruise to Canada

Yes I know Carnival has had their share of problems lately but I'm willing to take our chances. Last night I got a call from our Carnival Cruise planner offering us a 5 day trip on the Glory to Canada for $369.  It's an inside cabin but it's on deck 10.  It also leaves out of our home port of NYC so we don't need to take a plane.  They're reaching our to past guests offering crazy deals in an effort to bring customers back.  Without even thinking about it I went a head and booked it.  After talking to DH we decided to book out mother's on the trip too because it's both of their birthdays.

Has anyone cruised on the Glory before?  Also what's the weather like in Canada in late August. I'm thinking it's going to be nice but probably not shorts weather. Any tips/ suggestions would be helpful.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Carnival Glory/ Cruise to Canada

• Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Wow, what a great deal. The Canada cruise is beautiful, and I love the NY and Boston cruiseports.

Definitely bring umbrellas and fleece jackets!

Given that you have an inside cabin, you'll be spending a lot of time on the upper deck so you can take in all of the scenery. So it's better to be safe than sorry in terms of having rain gear and jackets.
  • Options
    Check out Cruise Critic. They have a lot of people experienced with all the different cruise lines and ships. They also have a 'roll call' for people going on specific cruise dates.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=280

• Options
    I have been on the Glory when it was in the Caribbean. It was very nice! I really enjoyed that ship actually. We had an inside cabin as well, and I had no problem with it. The dining room is nice, as is their theater. And they have a cool club and shopping area. You'll enjoy it! Make sure you bring sweats though so you are comfy while you hang around upstairs, probably reading and enjoying the scenery since it may be too cold to sit by the pool.

Also, I was in Nova Scotia/Prince Edward Island/New Brunswick in August a few years back. It is very nice that time of year. Still chilly at times though- so take a variety of capris/pants (probably not shorts) and prepare to layer! It's beautiful though- very green and we didn't get any rain on our week long trip. Plus we saw pilot whales all over that time of year and lots of wildlife!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It can be cool; no shorts. Layers are your best bet.  I'd get travel insurance.  I have heard the Glory was a nice enough ship.

Happy sailing. 
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    August is the perfect time of year to visit Canada's east coast.  I just checked with the weather network, and the average temperature in halifax, Nova Scotia in August is a comfortable 71F (21C).  A beautiful time of year to visit.  Should be lovely with the ocean breeze!  It might get chilly in the evening and early morning, so I agree with the other posters to bring layers.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/statistics/CL8205090/cans0057

I wish we had an average temperature of 71 in here inToronto!  Here, it regularly gets above 85-90F (30-33C) in the summer, with crazy humidity.  It can feel downright tropical! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards