Connecticut

Flowers: How much did you pay...

I'm comparing 2 florists. It would help if I knew how much you paid for:

Your bridal bouquet?
Your centerpieces (short and tall---pls specify)?

Were you happy? Were the flowers beautiful? Did they appear full?

Did you have petals on the aisle? How much did you pay for them?

Thank you!

Was your florist willing to negotiate?

Re: Flowers: How much did you pay...

• Every florist I talked to was willing to negotiate. I ended up going with Candi's Floral Creations and it cost me $4000 total. We had 14 tall centerpieces with no fillers or greenery (I was very specific about this). They were very big and very full--just how I wanted them. I think my bridal bouquet cost $200 but I'm not positive on the breakdown. I was not allowed to have petals down the aisle.

When choosing your florist, I wouldn't necessarily go with the least expensive or most expensive. The least expensive may skimp in some areas and the most is probably overcharging. Look at reviews for the specific two you're choosing between.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • I am using Leah from It's So Ranunculous. We have a very low budget, but Leah was able to give us my bouquet, 5 bridesmaids bouquets, small centerpieces for 16 tables, and then extra flowers for around our venue for less than $1,500. I will say, the type of flowers we are using are local and in season, which helped to keep the cost down. Good luck!! And if you do not end up choosing one of the two florist you found, contact Leah. She is amazing!!
  • My bouquet was less than $100. My centerpieces were not normal flower arrangements- there was only 2 flowers in each one- so I don't think the price of mine will compare to others. I loooooved my florist, though! Stylish Blooms, run by Melissa, is amazing. She knows just how to get the perfect flowers and complete your vision. She was willing to negotiate. I'm so happy with how our flowers turned out.
  • Bridal bouquet was around $200 as well and the total was around $5,000 I think. (family is paying for it as a gift) Sealed
    I highly recommend Candi if you are looking for anyone. www.candisfloralcreations.com

• Both my sister and I have used Fruits Flowers in Bridgeport. The owner, Lisa, was so accommodating AND CHEAP. For 9 bouquets, 10 boutineers, 8 centerpieces, and 4 smaller bouquetlike bunches around the alter it was about 1700 set up fee for ceremony and reception were extra. The flowers were my favorite part. When I saw the bouquets come through the door I couldn't have been more happy. Lisa understood my vision to a T. Happy looking :
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We paid $325 total.  Silk bouts were ordered from Etsy for $10 apiece.  And the five simple BM bouquets , mothers' coursages and bridal bouquet came from Whole Foods in Milford. 

• @Soon2beMrsTing - I've not heard of getting Wedding flowers from Whole Foods! I live in West Haven, so Milford Whole Foods is super close to me! Can you tell me more about your experience there? Do they have a florist counter there? I've never seen one in there. So excited to hear that Whole Foods does flowers! Did you compare their prices to Stop and Shop at all?
  • My sister recently got married and she used www.eventconnoisseur.com There flowers were gorgeous and lush. They were a little pricey but i helped to pay for some of the cost, Well worth it.  i definitely recommend them. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards