Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Officiant?

Hi ladies.  I'm new here.  I've been lurking for a couple months but I am un-lurking to ask about wedding officiants.  I'm having trouble finding a good one.  We are getting married in a park in Tempe, it will be about 100 guests and we want a regular, traditional ceremony.  Nothing too plain and nothing too extravagant.  All of the officiants I find online are way out of our price range.  We're trying to find something in the $100 price range, but i don't want to hire some flakey person either.  I'm getting kind of nervous about this.  Does anybody have a recommendation?
Thank you so much!
Renee

Re: Officiant?

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Yes, I highly recommend my officiant.  I was in the same boat as you.  I didn't want to pay a ton of money, but I didn't want to trust someone who was "cheap".  But she has been wonderful about communicating with me about what we want and I totally trust her to do a good job.  Her prices are very good (right in the range you mentioned).  I will post her link in a few minutes.

Here's the link.  http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    We used Phil Waring from Arizona Ministries. He charged about $250 I believe, but was worth it. He gave us exactly what we wanted and didn't try to throw in a bunch of stuff we didn't ask for. Our ceremony was short and to the point. But he'll do whatever you need.
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
  • Options
    We used Rev. Giovanni for our wedding, and absolutely loved him!  We got to customize anything we wanted in the ceremony, he is a great help for recs for other vendors if you still need anything, and some even give really good discounts if they know he refered you to them. 

He charges under $200, and that was really the cheapest that I found, that still had a LOT of reviews on weddingwire and a few other sites, that were all positive and raving reviews. 

All of our guests loved the ceremony that we put together with him, and his great sense of humor.  He also lets you choose what colors he wears for the day, and he works great with the photographers and other vendors.  They were still commenting on how much they loved working with him when I saw my photographer last month. 

http://www.revgiovanni.com/RevGio/Welcome.html
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• Options
    This is great.  I can't thank all of you enough.  I am definitely going to call these folks tonight. I like what I see from Rev. Giovanni as well as Ani Hamilton (reverendanissa).   Again, thank you so much for your time.
  • Options
    We went with Ani Hamilton too (after a recommendation on here) and cannot be happier with her so far!  We are getting married in June and she has been so quick to respond to e-mails and phone calls and has a very positive, upbeat attitude!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards