August 2013 Weddings

Engagement Photo Tips?

Our engagement photos are tomorrow night! Any of you girls have tips on make-up, outfits, poses? Or maybe what not to do? lol Thanks ladies!
Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Engagement Photo Tips?

• Ooo have fun! Mine are next week and I'm anxious for tips as well.
  • sparkellyysparkellyy member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012

We had ours taken last week! We did it during the sunset & I can not wait to see them. We did some with the sun between us with just our silhouettes which I can't wait to see.

Do you have an outfit picked out? I wore a sundress with a short sleeved short sweater over it. I was actually freezing for our photos though - we did them by the ocean.

My one and only tip is do not have a drink in the car on the way. I had a strawberry lemonade and it spilled in my lap! I literally had a puddle in my lap.. I had the heat vents on high (luckily my dress was navy) and it ended up drying before we started the photos!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Strawberry lemonade, yikes! So glad you could get it dry on time! definitely a good tip. I struggled with what to wear, as my normal style is super casual. Going with my nice jeans, a navy cardigan over a white tank top, and bright, fun shoes and colorful necklace. I may get my hair blow dryed at a salon if I can get out of work early as well. We are hoping for pretty New England foliage to take the pressure off of us!
  • We also had ours taken at sunset. It wasn't very sunny so I'm hoping the lighting turned out okay! I can not wait to see them! I also struggled with what to wear. When I'm at home I opt for a t-shirt and jeans...usually. But I ending up wearing a sweater dress, tights, boots, and a scarve. My FI wore a purple sweater that really complemented the color of my dress. I know I posted this topic, but that's the one thing I guess I would give as a tip. Make sure you're outfit colors don't clash with your FI's!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards