DC

Alterations in DC/NOVA

Hi DC!  I'm looking for a reliable and trustworthy seamstress for my bridal gown.  It will be arriving in late May and my wedding is in late July, so I'll want to take it in immediately and have someone that I know will be prompt.  If anyone has any ideas I would be so grateful.

Thanks!

Amanda Adams

Re: Alterations in DC/NOVA

• I have not taken a dress here, only suits/work clothes, but Reeds Custom Tailor in Arlington does an awesome job, and I know he also does bridal gowns.  I think there are some yelp reviews regarding his work on wedding stuff, if you want to take a look.  Yelp actually has a few other suggestions, too, including, I think one seamstress I haven't ever used who takes rush orders.
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    The person you want is Angie Cavallaro, 703-830-0634.  She's an absolute genius at alterations, and her rates are quite reasonable.
  • I just looked up Angie online and found that it seems like she and Estee Livioco are the people to go to in the area. Thanks to you all for posting this. I get my dress in a couple of weeks and have three months to get it altered so I've been searching for this valuable information!

• And actually, in the case that either of these two aren't available - does anyone know a couple other people? Is there anyone good and reasonable actually in DC?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards