Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Hair & Make-Up Logistics

I've started to look into hair and make-up options to get a head start.  My hairdresser is an hour away and a guest at the wedding so I'm not going to be using her for the wedding unless she offers to come to me as a gift.  My question is for those brides that have already done this.  Is it better to either a.) find someone who can do both hair and make-up to come to me or b.) find a place that does both hair and make-up at the same place.  I'm just worried if we have to go from place to place it will take for-ev-er!

Also, does anyone have any recomendations for hair & make-up services that will come to me?  I would like it to be the same company instead of two - having a hard time finding a company that does both.  We would be in the Bridgeville area.

Thanks in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hair & Make-Up Logistics

• I did hair/makeup separately:

I used my regular salon for hair and had the make up artist come to the hotel.  Everything was in Pleasant Hills, so it wasn't far between each location.  It was just a pain because it rained ALL DAY.

We started hair appointments at 9am and had 4 stylists working on 7 people.  The make up artist (Clare from Ciel Cosmetics) came to the hotel at noon (and so did the photographer).  Clare only did my makeup, but I believe she can work on several people very quickly if you want everyone done.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    We did hair and Make Up at the same location! It was great. I went to a local salon and found it much cheaper and easier that way.. I got hair and make up for $90.  Most of the recs I got were wayy more then that. 

GL!
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • Get someone to come to you. That's what we did and it was so nice just to sit around all morning and not worry about going place to place or even having to leave my hotel room. We used Brooke Rockwell for hair and Jessica Tyler for makeup.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I used Justine of Beauty Justified.  She came to me and did both hair and makeup.  She's awesome, I highly recommend her.  http://www.beautyjustified.com/index2.php#/home/
  • It is much easier if they come to you.  I am using our hotel room for all of the girls to get ready in together and having the makeup and hair people come there to do everyone.

If you want fantastic make-up contact www.facebook.com/makeupartbysasha she is amazing!
  • PS - I am in the Bridgeville area too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards