July 2013 Weddings
Options

just need to vent

I love my future in laws,  a lot, they are great people and are helping us a lot with the budget for the wedding. I've been very good at keeping my MIL involved in the planning process, and she met us up in St. Augustine for a Saturday full of planning. I had to make all of the appointments on Saturday (not really a big deal, but would have been nice to space them out between Sat and Sun), but could not make any apt on Sunday because my FIL has to travel with his two dogs and they have to check out of the hotel by a certain time on Sun, so we usually just do a quick breakfast with them. We went with our flower girl (my future niece) to get her flower girl dress, and then we went to cake tasting #1, which went over well. We went to cake tasting #2 and we were very early, so we all wanted to grab lunch. My FIL is on a very strict diet because of health concerns, but we all selected crispers because he could definitely get a fresh salad there. Well, he ordered just a side of steamed vegetables, and then was terribly upset by the size (though he knew he only ordered a side item). We finish at Crispers and make our way to cake tasting #2. As soon as we are about to walk in the door. MIL states they are going to skip this one so she can take him back to the hotel and he can eat something. I understand, and they go. Well, minutes later my SIL (their daughter) gets a text from MIL that they are now at Williams and Sonoma. At this point, I was quite upset because frankly my FIL pulls this alot, if what is happening is not what he wants, he really doesnt care about others feelings and just does whatever. I was quite unhappy about this because I really wanted my MIL to be involved, and that was the place with the best cake too! Later that day we went to try out a restaurant for a rehearsal dinner location, and we were testing out the food because of my FIL diet. Well, he did not even come to dinner. Nonetheless, we all like it and MIL let us book it. However, we (fiancee and I) are paying for half of it and MIL is paying for half of it.  Weeks ago we agreed it would just be the bridal party and those involved with the rehearsal, since all of our guests are out of town and I did not want to exclude my aunts and uncles if she was going to invite her out of town friends, and then I kind of figured my parents would be uncomfortable. Well, as the restaurant is swiping my credit card for the down payment, MIL turns to me and says she is really troubled about not inviting her out of town guests, and asks if she can because it wont be all of them as some are not arriving until the day of the wedding. Well, I compromised and said that was fine because she has helped us a lot and if that is the biggest thing I have to compromise on, at least it is important to her. The next day at breakfast, she is then ranting on how she does not like the prices of the restaurant for the rehearsal and she is confused about how expensive it is. At this point I just tell her I'll send an email and ask, but why did she not inquire about this last night when she met the owner and I put down a few hundred dollars for the down payment?

Sorry if I sound crazy, I really am not a control freak, but I just need to write/talk this out with someone other than my family lol

I dont know about anyone else, but July needs to get here so I can stop planning, I'm quite tired and just ready to be married lol

Re: just need to vent

• Options
    Although I'm not going through the same issues, I feel your pain. I'm obviously not cut out to be a wedding planner because this is just too much stress. I hope today goes better for you!!
  • Options
    Me too!!!! Sorry everything is so difficult right now. Hang in there we will make it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards