Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Interviewing DJs

Hello! I don't venture over to this board very often, but we are beginning to meet with and interview DJs for our wedding next June. Does anyone have suggestions for questions that we should ask.

This is what I have so far:
1. How many weddings have you done at our venue?
2. What is your style when mc-ing?
3. How do you motivate the crowd when no one is dancing?
4. What if you get sick and can't make it to the wedding?
5. How do you handle people requesting songs on our do not play list?
6. How do you handle breaks? What will you play?
7. Can we give you CDs of music if you don't have a song we want?

I'm also going to ask about back-up equipment, props, overtime fees, when he would arrive, and the logistics about playing at our venue (I know he's done several weddings there).

I would appreciate any other suggestions! Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Interviewing DJs

• Options
    I just booked my Dj last night.  I didn't ask too many questions.  He's been a Dj for 15 years and does weddings (did one near my house last year in fact).  

He sent over a contract and brought 2 more with him.  For his price and what he incudes, I am just happy to have a DJ at all (at first we were gonna just do a computer playlist). It also turns out he knows fi's cousin and aunt and used to live in my fmil's apartment years ago, so he knew my area very well.  

We went over his contract and I asked him about being animated and getting people up on the floor.  He says he sets up 3 hours before an event and he brings a helper with him (so have to provide food for both).  Never thought to ask about people requesting songs.  We will be talking and emailing back and forth so any questions I have he will answer.  Then the week before the wedding we will finalize everything.  
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards