Attire & Accessories Forum

Alfred Angelo Gown 2173 Bustle Advice

I am going to begin alternations on my dress for my May wedding and am very confused as to how to go about bustling my gown. The bottom of the bodice is assymetrical and the skirt has a lot of details, so I don't want to just pin it any old way. I was wondering if anyone had any advice as to which type of bustle would work best on this gown.

Re: Alfred Angelo Gown 2173 Bustle Advice

• Your seamstress would be able to assist you in figuring out the best bustle for this dress.  She should be able to show you different types of bustles and help you decide on the right one. 
  • Agree with PP.  Let the seamstress advise you on how to best bustle your gown.  All gowns are different by material and especially the weight of the actual gown, so the seamstress will know what will work best for you.

• Agreed. You could always call the store and see what they "recommend"

Maybe a french bussle? It would highlight all that detail. I have an Alfred Angelo gown too!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Definitely ask your seamstress. I had no idea what to do with mine either - although it doesn't have nearly as much detail on the back as yours - but she's doing it so that pretty much all the detail along the back and bottom will show when it's bustled.
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards