Wisconsin

***Budget Photographer**

Hello Ladies,
My BFF is getting married in March 2013 and on a tight budget. Currently looking for a cheap but great photographer for reception and wedding coverage only for under $1000. Who would you recommend  ?
Thanks

Re: ***Budget Photographer**

• She's cutting it pretty close in terms of booking a photographer. I would bet with less than 4 months to go, most of the major studios would be booked.

I would actually suggest she look on Craigslist in the Creative Services section...

She would probably be able to interview a few students or freelance photographers to determine if they meet her needs.
  • March is off season, so you might luck out with someone willing to discount their services a bit if they still have that weekend open (chances of booking another wedding at this point are slim).  We thought we had our photographer booked in the fall for our April wedding (we had a shorter engagement) and then we ended up needing to restarting the process in January.  We lucked out big time.  We were able to find 2 photographers we liked and the one we went with knocked a couple hundred off her fee since it was an open weekend for her.  She is out of your budget (her packages are now over $2k and worth every penny) but it could be worthwhile to look at some of the older posts on this board talking about budget photographers and start calling and emailing - you might luck out too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I used Clint Wolf - weddingsbywolf.com and we loved his work.  He was just under $1k.  He is reviewed on this website and has very positive reviews by all!
  • edited November 2012
    I'm using Sondra Ralston in January and got a 7 hour package for less than $1000 including rights to the photos.

Also... I bet she'll be able to find quite a few that are in her price range and open on her date.  We just started planning at the end of October and found more than one willing to do a January wedding.

Others that we considered:  DaisyFields, Kat/Eye, LightSource Photography, East Elm Photography
  • Check out Beautiful.Soul.Photography, she did I wedding I went to last summer and was very nice! https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/beautifulsoulphotography

Candace Mercer
    catndogmercer at gmail.com
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy photo invitessiggy_zpscfc27989.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • We're going with Sondra Ralston as well, she has a calendar posted on her website so you can check her availability.
  • andrea ryerson is another great option in WI, depending on the area. Her work is amazing and her prices are great!
    Praying for a miracle!
  • My friend is very reasonable. He is actually doing ours in September. He just started out but the pictures he takes are amazing! His name is Christoper Brogan, Photosbytofer. He is on facebook! Check him out! You'll be impressed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards