Missouri-St Louis

bridal shops

I'm wondering what experiences people have had with different bridal shops. I had an appointment at Brides by Demetrios last week and the girl was great! It was the first time I'd tried on dresses, and she helped me a lot. The dresses are reasonably priced also, for designer dresses (under 3k). What other places do people know about like that? I've heard that people at Ultimate Bride are really snooty - is that something other people have experienced? What about Berrybridge?

Re: bridal shops

• mmdpmmmdpm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bridal Connections is really great too!  They will pull all different gowns for you and will either help you get dressed or let a friend/mom dress you and then come in and do their magic with clips. 

Maiden Voyage is kind of snooty and will judge you for a smaller budget.

Berrybridge, have never heard of them.

• sheilaheysheilahey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i Loved Clarices!!! Although I didnt get my dress from there I would highly recommend them ! the girl that helped me was so nice! and very patient with my mom, gma, and MIL all being there and kind of being pushy.

I got my dress from A bride to Be of telegraph...I decribed what i had liked in some dresses and what i was looking for and the girl pulled a couple and thats where i found my dress! she knew exactly what i wanted, listened and delivered!

STAY AWAY from the one in Chesterfield...Happily Ever After i think thats what its called....AWFUL service...the workers were wearing sweatshirts and ugg boots...(not very professional) and did not help me get into a single dress!!! they were to preoccupied sitting at the front counter talking..SO RUDE

Also i had not so good service at the Bridal Shoppe in Festus, simialar situation as above, they just had no interest in seeling me a dress that way
    image 341 Invited so far!
    image 229 Are bringing their dancing shoes!
    image 112 Will be missing out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto on the place in Chesterfield. I had a great experience at Clarices also. I got my dress from Robins Bridal off of Manchester. I LOVE this place. Every time I go in, I always make sure I work with Joanne. She was so helpful and patient and is not afraid to give her opinion. I can tell that she has been in the business for a while. She is the best person I have ever worked with and highly recommend her.
    "I heard Jesus he drank wine, I'd bet we'd get along just fine. He can calm the storm and heal the blind and I bet he'd understand a heart like mine" ~Miranda Lambert
    We ride, never worry 'bout the fall.....I guess thats just the cowbow in us all ~Tim McGraw
  • kdbisopkdbisop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
      I didn't get my dress from berrybridge, but we did order the BM dresses from them this past weekend. Thus far they have been very helpful.  I had to work with them because they are the only bridal shop in STL that carries the dress I was looking for (Vineyard collection).  Their bridal dresses range from 1800 to 6,000 and up.  The nice thing about berrybridge is that they only have one appointment at a time, so your group is the only one in the salon. 

I bought my dress from Simply Elegant Bridal in downtown. I have had a great experience so far. I also loved Clarices. I would've purchased my dress from there, but I found another one that I adored at Simply Elegant Bridal and they have in house alterations.  I didn't want to take the dress somewhere else for alterations.

HTH.
  • kateraterkaterater member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the great responses! I've never heard of Clarice's before but it sounds like I'll have to check it out. I have an appointment at Berrybridge next week, but it seems like it might be too much $$. I'm hoping it will be good for getting ideas though - the first time I tried on dresses I was really surprised at how different things looked on me as opposed to in pictures! I will have to look up some of the other stores people mentioned...
  • LilyAnna06LilyAnna06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Your Special Day in Fairview Heights, IL. They were great. I also liked the people at Robin's bridal- so nice!

I got my bridesmaid dresses at Ultimate Bride- they were AWFUL. It's a logn story, but they kept telling me they had this certain dress in stock, I showed up with ALL my BMs to look and it and it wasn't there, they said "oops sorry it's out at a bridal show"... I called every other day for a week and a half and finally talked to the manager and she said  "oops, it looks like we don't have it after all..."

They ha dthe decency to give me 30% off if I ordered from them (signt unseen, since I had my heart set on that one and they didnt actually have it), and I was stupid enough to take them up on it.

They asked me what color sash I wanted, and I said white. I chose it from the designer's book, they said no problem.

Then, weeks later, they call and say, "oh, we're about to put your dress order in, and by the way, you can't get the sash in white or any other color, it ONLY comes in silver- that's OK right?"

Like I had a choice at that point!

I'm not a bridezilla and I can roll with the punches, so silver sashes aren't going to ruin my day, but I think Ultimate Bride people are horribly disorganized and NOT knowledgeable at all about the dresses and designers.
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress from the Bridal Shoppe in Festus, and I have had a good experience so far.  I ordered my dress in November & while the sales girl offered to assist me in getting dresses on, my friend was there so she assisted instead.  My dress was shipped later than expected from the manufacturer and just arrived this past weekend.  The bridal shop has been good about calling me when they say they will and keeping me informed of my dress.  They too have in house alterations, so that helped in my decision.  I have heard a few people have a not so great experience there, but I have heard just as many with good stories.  So I would say it is a 50/50 shot on what you will get there.

I also called The Ultimate Bride to set up an appointment and they were rude on the phone from the get go... so I waited until after hours to call them back and cancel.  That was before I ever read any posts about them... STAY AWAY from there if you can.
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my gown from Clarice's I think the pricing is great, and so are the selection and service.  Caitlin helped me out and was just wonderful!
  • MrsCiaccioMrsCiaccio member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Clarice's too.  The service was awesome.  I had the opposite experience at Demetrios.  No one spoke English and they kept trying to put me in dresses that I specifically told them I did not like-they didnt listen at all.  And since it was my first time trying on dresses it really upset me.  Then they called me non stop for four months afterwards to get me to come back in!  No thanks!
    MrsCiaccio2B
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a couple of places and ended up ordering from Clarice's a dress I found at Simply Elegant Bridal downtown.  Why, do you ask. CUSTOMER SERVICE. At Clarices, Caitlin helped me and she was fantastic, she understood my budget needs and helped me pick things that I might have passed over otherwise. She was fantastic. However, when I went to Simply elegant, the girl who helped me, I can't remember her name I think I may have blocked it, asked me about my budget then pretty much left me to myself.  She didn't help me pick anything, basically just pointed to two racks of options in my budget. She did carry the dresses to the dressing room for me, but then left me on my own to try to get into them, it's a good thing my BM Carol who is a designer, showed up and helped me out.  Now I might not find this so distateful, but while I was there, and had an appointment I didn't just show up, there were two other bides there trying on dresses with TWO people helping them, each. Then the girl foolishly wrote down the Designer and Style of the dress I was interested in for me and I called Clarice's to see if they could order it for me, and they could! Not only that but the dress downtown was $870 and Clarice's oredered the dress for me and the cost was $638 plus tax.  I made the right decision and would NEVER send a bride with my kind of budget anywhere else.
    Which did you like better? "Jedi" or "The Empire Strikes Back"? "Empire". Blasphemy. "Empire" had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All "Jedi" had was a bunch of Muppets.
  • edited December 2011
    wow lots of info here! I haven't started looking for the dress yet, but I am so gld I read this post! Thanks girls!
  • edited December 2011
    Town and Country Bridal is wonderful.  They are at Plaza Frontnac.  They are always helpful and amazing to work with.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards