Maryland
Options

SSB Concerns! (also on the Baltimore Board)

Sorry for the double post, but I was hoping to get as much information as possible!

I'm officially freaking out about my early fall wedding at Silver Swan Bayside. I love this venue, but I've haven't been able to get in touch with anyone since mid March! So after they made the first round of changes, I was exchanging emails with Scott. He stopped responding in mid March so I emailed Amelia, who was always helpful. After she didn't respond for 2 weeks, I read that she and Scott were no longer at SSB on this board. My mom and I have been trying to contact someone for 2 weeks now, since my menu and contract questions have not been answered. Twice we were told that someone would call us back, but no one ever did. Then, yesterday we tried calling only to get a busy tone. When we called today, no one answered and we found that the voice mail  box is full and can  no longer accept new messages.

I'm extremely worried at this point! I just hate not knowing what's going on and if I need to find a back up plan! I know everyone is concerned, but I was hoping to find out if anyone else is having issues contacting them! I'm hoping that they're just really busy with all of the changes and up coming weddings, but I'm worried there's something else going on. And, I'm totally frustrated with how they are handling everything! I would really appreciate any information other people have!

Re: SSB Concerns! (also on the Baltimore Board)

• Options
    mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey there,

I am also having my wedding as SSB...in 2 months!!  They are there!!  There is a new chef (Kevin) and new coordinator (JoAnn) in place.  I was also told that there's another coordinator (Heather), but I've not spoken with her.

A new owner (Paul) took over around the end of the year, which is why there have been so many changes with those that you have face time with.  All the other staff (banquet managers, wait staff, etc) are still in place (or so I was told).

I've spoken with Paul and JoAnn within the last week, and my wedding planner spoke with JoAnn on Monday, so they are there.  It's my understanding that they have been working to call all the couples and give them an update and reassure them.  Most likely, those weddings that are coming up in the next few weeks are taking priority (I'm not sure when your wedding is).

Send me a PM and I'll get you more information.

I saw on the Baltimore board that someone went to a wedding there this past weekend, and thought that it went off without a hitch.  That's good to hear, although I'm sure it's not comforting to not hear from them, but I'm sure you'll have some communications from them soon.

Hang in there!  
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ginamarie3ginamarie3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the info! PM sent!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hope your wedding is nice as I have given up on SSB due to my experience.  Below is what I posted on another board:

This place absolutely SUCKS !! I contacted them for information on holding my wedding there and I never received an email back; not a phone call back to my numerous messages left for the coordinator named Joanne (who must be new from reading your posts).  It's ridiculous and I finally left a nasty message and sent an email to them about their customer service (a week later not receiving any response not even a thank you for my inquiry) AND YOU KNOW WHAT?! They still have not contacted me with the information or to apologize!  I def. would not trust them to host my wedding/reception based on the treatment I received on trying to receive information on rental fees and pricing of food options. Oh wait, and I completely forgot the best part of my phone call follow up on the 3rd day of waiting the girl who answered the phone suggested that I go with another venue WTH!!!  I was livid, and I asked her are they telling you to tell people this and she responde YES !! Seriously SSB is for the birds!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards