Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Flower girl alternatives

So, I'm getting married in an airplane museum. This means I can't have anything that could be sucked into an engine meaning no petals, glitter, or confetti...does anyone have any suggestions? My niece is my flower girl and I really want her to have a part in the ceremony, I'm just stuck as to what she could possibly "throw".

Thanks!

Re: Flower girl alternatives

• Options
    Most ceremony venues no longer allow the flower girl to throw anything.  It's messy and a slip hazard.  She can carry a basket of flowers, a bouquet, a pomander, or anything she likes.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    She doesn't have to "throw" anything.  Just have her walk down the aisle carrying something.  Suggestions:

pomander
    little nosegay
    basket
    little purse
    pumpkin (since you're having an October wedding)
    teddy bear
    doll

There are a ton of possibilities that will look adorable, and that's really the only function of a FG anyway.

"Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    She could also trail ribbons, or use a ribbon wand perhaps.
  • Options
    How about a bubble wand?  I don't know if she's little and will make a mess but she could have a little wand and blow bubbles or a big wand to wave bubbles. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

She doesn't need to throw anything, just give her something to carry.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards