Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Tattoo

So here's the deal.  One of my bridesmaids (who I don't even know that well - FI sister who is out of town) might be getting some weird eye looking thing on her right shoulder.  I really don't want that thing shown in our pictures - but since I don't know her that well I would feel kind of weird telling her to wait to get it after the wedding (which is months away) or somehow cover it up?  I talked to our photographers and they said they could touch it up in photoshop.  What you all think about it?  I couldn't imagine having some big weird eye in my pictures.

Kel
Just counting down the days :)

Re: Tattoo

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd highly recommend airbrush makeup for that- that's the best coverage you're going to get.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Kel7284Kel7284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is that expensive?  I am still wondering why someone would want a big ugly eye on their shoulder lol.
  • Options
    Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its something she likes..you can't hate on that. Hell my mom hates both of my tattoos b/c she just doesn't like them. There is excellent makeup for tattoos that you can buy to cover them up. Its about 20-40 dollars for it.
  • Options
    GoBucksOHGoBucksOH member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am still trying to figure out why you asked someone you barely know to be a BM......

But to the question at hand - yes, airbrush makeup is the way to go. One of my BM's has a fairy tattoo on her chest that will be covered up with airbrush makeup the morning of the wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Kel7284Kel7284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had an odd number of bridesmaids - FI wanted his sister in the wedding initially, but shes lives way out of town.....so he put her in to get the even number.  I've met her a few times, but not nearly as close as I would like. 
  • Options
    hotrocker2011hotrocker2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_tattoo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:4ab5261e-c72a-4a84-adcd-1d15e1a2475aPost:f5ce3c70-eb52-4683-87b0-0f5c27496014">Re: Tattoo</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had an odd number of bridesmaids - FI wanted his sister in the wedding initially, but shes lives way out of town.....so he put her in to get the even number.  I've met her a few times, but not nearly as close as I would like. 
    Posted by Kel7284[/QUOTE]

I can understand that, my fi sister is the same way she live in ATL, i only met her twice, and we spoke over the phone a few times, but we are still not that close, I wanted her to be in the wedding as way for us to become closer, and we really wanted our family to be evolved. 

I don't know how your soon to be SIL, will react but i would ask her to wait, alot of people may think that is wrong, but who knows if you explain y she might understand...If it was me since i like tattoos, I would tell her if she wait to get it then we could go get one together (as away of bonding), i might even pay half/or pay all for it... if that don't work then do as pp post said and try airbrushing....
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you're making all kinds of etiquette mistakes. lurk over in the etiquette section and you'll see what i mean.

you don't have to have even sides and shouldn't have someone in your bridal party just for symmetry. you also have to accept your wedding party as they are--tattoos, "weird" hair, etc. these are supposed to be the people that are closest to you, the people you care about. please don't treat them like props.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
      This is going to be your sister in law for the rest of your life. Is it really worth making a big deal out of? You will offend her possibly and make her and (possibly) her family think your a bridezilla for asking.   I just dont think i'd be worth the fight. Besides, there are some really awesome pics of tattted up bridesmaids.
  • Options
    kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    brideface can do amazing tattoo coverup work- but you have to ask this person if they are willing to cover it...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She may be offended either way.....if you ask her to wait it may upset her and if you ask her to have it covered it may upset her. Let your photographer handle it, especially if they will do it for free. If they don't then pick the ones you will have out or in your album and touch them up...or touch them up yourself if you are getting a disc from your photographer.

Unfortunately because of the circumstance, and in keeping proper etiquette...you really shouldn't ask her to wait or to cover it up.

I agree...eyeball.....not so sexy...lol. Maybe she will keep it festive to the day and  she will put a veil on it ;-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards