Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

NKY church with character or outdoor location in Dec?

I'm looking for either an outdoor space in NKY for a December wedding (which would be ideal) but I can not seem to find any that are available after October. I understand it will be cold, but it would be short ceremony and have always dreamed of having it outdoors. Does anyone know of a good idea where I could check out?

If that's not an option, the only other place for our ceremony would be in a church. We are not a religious couple but I'm ok with having a religious ceremony. I would want an old fashioned church that would make for some great photos. Not just a church that you see everyday made out of bricks and no special character. 

If theres any info on either of these, please let me know! We are needing to find a ceremony location to hurry and order the invitations! The only thing is that we are not catholic, so I could not have a wedding in a catholic church!

Thanks!

Re: NKY church with character or outdoor location in Dec?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    December?? it doesn't matter how "short" (guests can show up 30min in advance) your ceremony is, guests shouldn't be asked to sit through a wedding ceremony in 20-30 degree weather.

there are plenty of other options besides churches. museums, old mansions, and other buildings in the area have character. there's been a lot of discussion about locations please read the other posts on the first couple of pages.

also, you've got time. your invitations should go out around mid-late october.
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Agree with tasha.

Let us know if you need recommendations on non-church locations.  Almost all of the larger spaces have nice ceremonial space indoors, especially museums, old historic houses, etc.  A church is not your only option.  But if you want a church, there are a few options for non-denominations, too.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    emmmbeeeemmmbeee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know that you can rent a lot of green space and various facilities at Covington parks for only $50.  My fiance and I had looked into it for our wedding.  We had even considered renting the bandstand at Devou Park.  We had also considered George Rogers Clark Park that is at Garrard and Riverside Drive because you can rent the entire park for only $50.  You just have to arrange all the chair rental and whatnot on your own.

Here's a link to Covington's recreation department website:
    http://www.covingtonky.com/index.asp?page=parks_new

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would find another indoor location. I wouldn't book the church, though. Let someone who is religious use it. Happy planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards