Christian Weddings
Options

Greetings from India!

I've been in India for a week today!

Everything is going great! Ryan is wonderful, I get along with his parents, the food is good. :)

My blog
"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV

Re: Greetings from India!

• Options
    Glad to hear it!! :)

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    glad to hear things are going so good! any updates on the wedding planning?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We're praying about it. For my visa, it has to be in the next four months or so, and personally I'd like it at latest early Feb. That being said, that is the legal wedding. The way we'd do it over here we'd actually go and get married at the registrar's office and then have a ceremony at the church with reception.  

Since they are already separate, the idea has been proposed that we do the registrar's wedding in the next few months, then have the big wedding blow out in the spring or summer when we can afford something a bit bigger and also give more people time to book tickets and such. (I only have one guest coming from America, but they are hoping Ryan's grandmother in the UK will come and that relatives from elsewhere in India will travel as well.) 

Also they want to invite the whole church (about 200, though they think at most only half will come) because apparently if they invite some and not others there will be feelings hurt.

All that together, it seems logical we may get married at the registrar's office (like city hall) in the next month or two then have the big to do in the spring or summer... but we want to take some time and pray and make sure that that is what God is wanting us to do!
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Options

I am glad that everything is going well!!

Can I make a suggestion?  That if you get married in the court house that you call you big bash a vowel renewal?  Of course I am not sure what the etiquette rules are in India but it sounds better to me :)

Good luck and I am praying for you.  

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    Pretty sure that calling it a vow renewal would mean nothing to people here. Like I said, typically Christians who marry here have the registrar's marriage and then the church ceremony separate, just often in the same week. There are different marriage laws according to religion and while you can have the legal ceremony be the same as the church ceremony it's complicated. So anyway, having the two separate is normal and people will understand spacing it out and considering both your wedding.
    My blog
  • Options
    Yay!  So would you guys consider yourselves married after the legal ceremony or after the Christian wedding/reception later?
  • Options
    The legal one, the first one. We'd consider both real weddings, but we'd be married from the first one. We were looking into the legal stuf today and it looks like it'll be late Jan, early Feb most likely.
    My blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards