Nebraska

My Colors

Is there something wrong with me because I haven't found my colors yet? I've thought about royal blue and chocolate, but didn't know if that would work. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, can some of you share your color ideas. I would greatly appreciate it.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My Colors

• edited December 2011
    I have heard of some pretty strange color combinations and seen them come together very nicely. IE- The wedding we had here last weekend had the colors navy blue and yellow. These were my high school colors, so that's all I could picture without knowing exactly what the bride had in mind. However, the wedding turned out absolutely beautiful. (I should have them up on our website and Facebook later today.)

What I'm saying is - if you really want royal blue and chocolate, there are definately ways you can make it work. I would talk to your florist and possibly the contact at your venue site to see if they have any thoughts on how you could make that come together. I personally could see that working very nicely if you used the right colors in the right areas. - Having cocolate tablecloths and napkins then having the blue come through in your centerpieces.

Hope this helps!

-Lacy Jo Marshall
    Beacon Hills/Country Inn & Suites
    www.beaconhills.com
  • edited December 2011

Thanks for the suggestions. I really appreciate it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE blue and brown as a combo. My bathroom is brown and teal. :)
    I also love Royal Blue. I don't have an "accent color" because I really am not doing that much in the way of decorating. But I guess I'd have to say Cobalt Blue and White are my colors.
  • edited December 2011

Thanks.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I like blue and brown together.  I wanted a black, white and red wedding but in Nebraska that is hard to pull off w/o it becoming a Husker wedding.  Our colors are fire red and ice blue because our theme is fire and ice (it came about as a joke). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am doing royal blue with accents of pink and purple....it is actually really fun!
  • Stevie84Stevie84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would look at inspirational images and pull a bunch you love then see what color pallette you picked the most. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Yipeeee!!!!! I think that I've found my colors. Chocolate and Teal. I thought about this when I first got engaged.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards