Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Save the Dates/Invites

Hi!

I'm beginning my search for save the dates and invitations.  Do any of you have suggestions on good places to find them in the Des Moines Area?  I would like to do a magnet for our Save the Date and then some type of pocket fold invitation.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!!

Re: Save the Dates/Invites

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we got our save the dates off of magnetstreet.com  i was really satisfied with their products and it was super easy to order them too :)

idk if you are wanting to diy your invites but we're using a work of heart by cari http://www.aworkofheartbycari.com/
    shes been SO sweet and awesome to work with! Definitely recommend her :)
  • Options
    medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Right now Michael's and Hobby Lobby are having 50% off everything wedding. I just got my invites from there! Just an Idea, I'm not sure about save the dates, We are having my friend take our pictures and then using Photo Shop to do our own save the dates!

Good Luck!!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I ordered save the date post cards from vistaprint for free (just had to pay shipping). I know they aren't magnets, but they may sell magnets too. We got our invitations from Michaels when they were 50% off, and I love them!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Some specialty stores that have invite stuff are Ephemera (downtown) and Archiver's (by Jordan Creek), but these will cost more than Michael's, etc. (might also check Wal-mart and Hobby Lobby. Many girls also get their stuff online. We're diying them with material from cardsandpockets.com - you can order specific materials, invitation kits, or have them print them for you. Other online places are vistaprint.com and mygatsby.com. There are also free templates by a former knottie at downloadandprint.com. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    maybride2011maybride2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  Thanks so much for all of your suggestions.  This will give me a great start!
  • Options
    megmarissamegmarissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow a year to go for you :) LOL we are doing a 5 month engagement so am also doing save the date shopping. 123print.com, postcards.com are two I found that are fairly inexpensive and  look nice. There are a few others but I left my list at work :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    maybride2011maybride2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-des-moines_save-datesinvites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:80Discussion:3ea76524-c52b-4fa3-b88a-6c721099ab73Post:c35c99f0-79ff-462c-a883-790629eca201">Re: Save the Dates/Invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow a year to go for you :) LOL we are doing a 5 month engagement so am also doing save the date shopping. 123print.com, postcards.com are two I found that are fairly inexpensive and  look nice. There are a few others but I left my list at work :)
    Posted by megmarissa[/QUOTE]

Yep, a little over a year for us!!  We're having a destination wedding so I want the save the dates to go out in Aug/Sept.  I can't believe you're planing all this in 5 months.  I feel like there's so much to do!!
  • Options
    jenandtom2010jenandtom2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did quite a bit of research for our save the dates and invitations.  We ended up using Lotus Moments in Des Moines for both.  We went with a decent size save the date magnet and we also ordered Christmas cards to include with the save the date since we mailed them out the beginning of December.  The prices were very reasonable.  I was originally going to make the invitations myself, but realized that I really didn't have the extra time to do so, so I ended up having Lotus Moments make the invites for me as well.  We pretty much designed everything ourselves.  We have gotten so many compliments on the save the dates and invites.  They will also design our programs and thank you's.  I would highly recommend them!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards