North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Booked 108 Budleigh for our wedding!

Hi Everyone!
super excited that I just booked my wedding at 108!  August 8th, 2013 (yep, a thursday!)

thank you, OBX2011 for the recommendation.  We loved it!!

Generally speaking our day of looking at wedding venues was really wonderful.  All the folks we met with were really friendly and helpful and we had such a fun day.  Manteo is beautiful and I feel so lucky to have my big day there!

Its so nice to have the date set, so we can start all of the 'real' planning!

This board has been SO helpful and fun!! 
Thanks again everyone!!

Re: Booked 108 Budleigh for our wedding!

• Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2012
    Yayyyyy!!!  Congratulations!  It is such a good feeling once you book your venue b/c you can really start envisioning how you want to plan everything else!

So happy for you!  I recommend wrapping the outdoor trellis with clear white lights....it added such an ambiance to the reception :)

• Options
    Congrats!  You will love it!
    image June 22, 2012
  • Options
    JAK33JAK33 member
    First Comment
    Congrats! I just had my wedding there 3 weeks ago Thursday, it was honestly a perfect day. We had better luck securing our preferred vendors, the rental was a bit less (that was the only thing that was) and the wedding fell in the right spot in the week, enough time to hang out together beforehand and afterwards. It was perfect and I wouldn't change a thing. Congrats to you!!!
  • Options
    JAK33-Thats great news! they gave us such a great discount for a thursday, and thats the day that we had wanted anyway!!
    Did you find that other vendors are that generous for a thursday??

What rental company did you use? I was considering Shin-Digs since they work in the same office as Bonnie and figured it would be easiest.

We are going to do a Sunday-Sunday rental so a few days to relax after!

Thanks for the kind words! we cant wait!
  • Options
    I had my wedding there the day after JAK. Smile

Fridays are discounted a little as well at the Budleigh, but the only other vendor who gave me a discount for not having the wedding on a Saturday was my DJ (however he's my only vendor that I wasn't crazy about).

I think Shin-Digs was a little pricey as far as rentals go.  Personally, the only things that I rented were a few bistro tables(through Metro Rental) for the cocktail hour and outside and a sweetheart table; we brought everything else, including tablecloths to centerpieces, and our caterer provided silverware, dishes, glassware, etc (it was included in their price, unlike many caterers who charge extra).  It's surprisingly usually cheaper to buy than to rent, but not as convenient.  And from what I hear Shin-Digs is very convenient because you can just leave everything there.
    image June 22, 2012
  • Options
    That is wonderful, congrats!

I was just wondering, does this venue have any water views?  I am wanting an 'all-in-one' venue with an outstanding water view.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_booked-108-budleigh-for-our-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:c1a57542-8734-4266-88f4-520e128228c1Post:c30deef1-c482-4987-9bd3-21f11a980b13">Re: Booked 108 Budleigh for our wedding!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is wonderful, congrats! I was just wondering, does this venue have any water views?  I am wanting an 'all-in-one' venue with an outstanding water view.
    Posted by crjwilson[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Hi! No, Budleigh is about 2 blocks from the water.  We are getting married at the Pier though and they have beautiful views. You will have amazing picture opportunities, however, the venue itself is a few blocks away.</div>
  • Options
    You are a few weeks before us! We are getting married there September 20, 2013, and we were there last week to check it out, and I still could not be happier with our choice. For the price and location, the venue is just spectacular. I cannot wait to get in there the morning of and get everything set!! I just wish that is wasn't a year away....
  • Options
    jendem8--who was your caterer?  I am planning on getting married at 108 Budleigh as well.

Thank you!

In Response to <a href="http://la-jolla.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_booked-108-budleigh-for-our-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:c1a57542-8734-4266-88f4-520e128228c1Post:a1cf80d0-2eba-4f46-85b0-ca5a134b6e06">Re: Booked 108 Budleigh for our wedding!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had my wedding there the day after JAK. Fridays are discounted a little as well at the Budleigh, but the only other vendor who gave me a discount for not having the wedding on a Saturday was my DJ (however he's my only vendor that I wasn't crazy about). I think Shin-Digs was a little pricey as far as rentals go.  Personally, the only things that I rented were a few bistro tables(through Metro Rental) for the cocktail hour and outside and a sweetheart table; we brought everything else, including tablecloths to centerpieces, and our caterer provided silverware, dishes, glassware, etc (it was included in their price, unlike many caterers who charge extra).  It's surprisingly usually cheaper to buy than to rent, but not as convenient.  And from what I hear Shin-Digs is very convenient because you can just leave everything there.
    Posted by jendem8[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards