North Carolina-Outer Banks

Village Beach Club....opinions wanted

So we originally were going to have our reception at our beach home, but I think with the costs of a tent rental etc., its much more worth it and less stress to have it at a reception site.  What do you fellow brides think of The Village Beach Club?  Has anyone heard any stories from them?  The only thing that bums me about them is that they do not allow any glass at all b/c they are right on the beach, this means no glasses, no glass picture frames, no glass centerpieces, no glass anything!  Im having trouble picturing this but I really like the location and outside area.

Thoughts and opinions are VERY welcomed!

HELP!!!

Re: Village Beach Club....opinions wanted

• evenundomielevenundomiel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    personally i would look for other places. there are LOTS of beautiful places to do receptions on the outer banks. I worked at the village beach club for a while..it's nice but kinda dated. and the inside is small. check out the outer banks wedding association website for other ideas. 
    imageAnniversary
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I am definitely considering the The Pier House at Kitty Hawk Hilton, its absolutely gorgeous but pricey as well!

If you dont mind me asking, what are you doing for your reception? 

• evenundomielevenundomiel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my family lives on the outer banks...on roanoke island. we're doing our wedding at the Cameron House Inn and doing an upscale, formal backyard reception with a full tent/brass band. i'm very excited!...but we have a 18 month engagement!!
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at village beach club and didn't love it. in the end it wasn't much cheaper than the pier house. i also know i would have been really unhappy if the weather was bad and we had to do the wedding inside because it is so dated. i am doing the pier house and couldn't be happier about the decision
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards