California-Central

Need help with glamour for a beach wedding

My fiance and I are thiiiisss close to chosing a venue for our wedding, however what I am hung up on, is that we want it at a beach that we consider "our beach" and it would be at either of two resorts on a cliff.  This beach is special to us and has significant meaning to us.  However, here lies my concern, while the beach is special and has meaning and I can't imagine getting married elsewhere.....I don't feel it's "me"...that it's my style.  I feel really kinda selfish feeling this way but its true.  All my friends joke that I am always the "glamourous one" and that I bring glamour to all their parties. As a little girl I always envisioned a glamourous elegant wedding.  I'm afraid having it at the beach I will have to downplay the glamour aspect and it won't feel like me.  The dress I want is so elegant and old hollywood looking that I'm afraid I'll look completely out of place.  I can't really talk about this with my fiance so I'm hoping maybe some girls out there have some advice or any ideas on how to glam up a beach wedding???

Re: Need help with glamour for a beach wedding

• theKylieBridetheKylieBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't let the typical beach attire change your mind about your gown. My friend got married on the beach two months ago in a dramatic that she bought when she originally was going to have a glamorous affair and she decided to downsize and have a destination wedding. You would think that the dress would be out of place...heavy and large, but she looked so beautiful, as if the dress were made for her, you didn't think twice about it "being out of place." So strut your stuff! 

My fiance and I are kinda think out of the box people and when we were telling our photographers about our ideas, they loved the ying and yang and the abstract ideas we had. So make the beach glamorous. Don't settle. You only get married once!

Good luck!!! And I cant wait to see how it turns out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards