August 2012 Weddings
Options

Father Daughter dance

What song did you choose for your Father Daughter dance? I'm having a hard time choosing one. I know it will be an touching dance to begin with but also because my mother passed away 1 1/2 year ago.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Re: Father Daughter dance

• Options
    edited July 2012
    I'm not having any dancing at my wedding, but the most touching song I can thing of is "Dance With My Father" by Luther Vandross.

Though, that song is super sad/sweet and I can picture everyone bawling their eyes out. Especially since in the song, they talk about his mother wnating to dance with his father again.

That may not be what you are going for....
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

We're dancing to "Walk with you" by Edwin McCain. I love the words to this song!

• Options
    When You Need Me by: Bruce Springsteen
  • Options
    I too am skipping the Father/Daughter dance (dad has health issues and can't dance) but Butterfly Kisses - Bob Carslie is a good one too.
    image 141 Are ready to party!
    weddingcountdown.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    There is stealing cinderella by heartland which could be a very nice song for you. I didn't want to get too emotional (if I think about it too much I could start crying right now, I am very close to my Father and I am looking forward to that moment for us). So it was really sweet when I asked my dad if he had any idea on what he wanted our dance to be and he choose "The way you look tonight by Tony Bennett" that was my original choice but I wanted to give him the option!

You may want to ask your dad, my dad knew right away and I gave my fiance's mom a few ideas and she loved the one "There you'll be - faith hill" . For us it was a much easier process then I expected it to be, because our parents were so confident in their choices.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We chose Billy Joel's Lullabye
  • Options
    We are doing Loudon Wainwright III daughter ... just so dad and I don't cry :)
    221 Invited image
    185 Ready to Rock! image
    36 Party Poopers image
    0 Can't find the mailbox image
  • Options
    Its OK now dad you can let go crystal shawanda. I still cry every time I hear it.
  • Options
    I might be skipping the father-daughter dance--neither my dad or I are too keen on dancing in front of people, and so we'll dance together but not to a separate 3 minute song!  That being said, if I were going to pick one I would pick "Gracie" by Ben Folds.
  • Options
    My wish, Rascal Flatts
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If I were doing one (which i'm not) I would do Stevie Wonder's "Isn't she lovely." My daughter danced with her dad to this at her sweet 16. I thought it was really cute.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    AjoydAjoyd member
    First Comment
    Also doing When You Need Me by The Boss :)
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • Options
    Michael Bolton's "Daddy's Little Girl".. it's sweet, and only like 2.5 minutes so we don't have to bore everyone by dancing for 5+ minutes!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I actually had my dad choose that song as i felt it would have more meaning. Theirs a wedding band called TCarter music and he discovered them on youtube...He chose My Angel by them (you shoud hear it) It takes alot to make me cry and this song did it! On a side note my dad also wants to through a hip song into the end of it and shock all out guests haha I shouldnt let my father browse youtube too long ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 121image #Invited
    108image # Are ready to party!
    6image # Are going to miss out!
    7image # Haven't responded!
    RSVP Date: May 30, 2012
  • Options
    Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman, gorgeous song you should listen to the lyrics, not sure if my dad is coming to my wedding but if he does we will use that song
  • Options
    My father and I are dancing to "Isn't she lovely?" by Stevie Wonder.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We chose Cinderella by Steve Curtis Chapman
  • Options
    I choose a song for my daughter. By ray allaire And our first dance we are going with Keeper of the stars
  • Options
    We chose "My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw

Other choices we had were:
    "My Girl" - Temptations
    "Daddy's Little Angel" - TCarterMusic
    "Cinderella" - Steven Curtis Chapman
    "Forever" - John Stamos & the Beach Boys (from an episode of Full House)
    "I Hope You Dance" - LeAnn Womack

I gave my Dad a list of songs (the above list) and asked him to choose.  He had a hard time choosing between "My Little Girl", "Cinderella", and "Daddy's Little Angel".

Other sweet songs I've heard:
    "Stealing Cinderella"
    "I Loved Her First" - Heartland
    "Butterfly Kisses" - Bob Carlisle
    "My Wish" - Rascall Flatts
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards